Making my TJ a Rubicon Killer

Don't sell yourself short. A high performing off-road Jeep should also behave well on pavement. You can make everyone in your province jealous of how comfortable your go-anywhere Jeep is.

+1 I very much care about how mine rides - and so far I can’t complain (no need to even say silly quips like “it’s a Jeep thing”).

+1 I very much care about how mine rides - and so far I can’t complain (no need to even say silly quips like “it’s a Jeep thing”).
My only “it’s a Jeep thing” is I have to tell people the bangs from my Detroit are not the sound of my axle dropping to the pavement 😂

Don't sell yourself short. A high performing off-road Jeep should also behave well on pavement. You can make everyone in your province jealous of how comfortable your go-anywhere Jeep is.
Hmm.. that would be pretty cool Actually. Any ideas?😂

Yeah, I used to talk shit, then I turned 45 and then I got a trip where ride quality demonstrated to me that I can go a lot farther and longer if it is comfortable. I have had a 78 power wagon, 84 CJ, several YJ's, 1 TJ, 1 LJ, 1 JK and the better the ride, the more I liked actually driving it. The LJ is getting 12" shocks so I dont have to worry about bottoming out. bone jarring and teeth rattling for 12+ hours just sucks...
Haha😂 I love the way my jeep rides but no one else does.. wonder why😂

There are plenty of 5.3 swap threads, but know what youre getting into. You can do some other v8's for much MUCH less. Spend DAYS reading on other peoples build threads, and you will get alot of good ideas. Good luck!

From what I’ve gathered so far, your easiest step to becoming that “Rubikiller” you dream of is seat time. Until your skills surpasses the jeeps ability, don’t upgrade. Throw some good tires on it, a lunchbox in the front and go have fun. All these plans are cool, but can you handle the TIME it takes to do all this work and not be able to drive it?

As a Rubicon owner I HATE MUD

IMG_3340.jpg

IMG_3339.jpg

There are plenty of 5.3 swap threads, but know what youre getting into. You can do some other v8's for much MUCH less. Spend DAYS reading on other peoples build threads, and you will get alot of good ideas. Good luck!
I was planning to go way bigger like my dad's CJ it had a 6L but a 5.3 is all I can get my hands on. And thank you Imma need the luck!!

From what I’ve gathered so far, your easiest step to becoming that “Rubikiller” you dream of is seat time. Until your skills surpasses the jeeps ability, don’t upgrade. Throw some good tires on it, a lunchbox in the front and go have fun. All these plans are cool, but can you handle the TIME it takes to do all this work and not be able to drive it?
Yes I have 6 free months to be doing this. I have this planned mostly😂