Midland MXT275 MicroMobile

Midland claims they are pre-tuned, and they may be right to some extend in order to maintain the GMRS for dummies ease of use. @DylanM345 , I'd be careful at how much you trim at a time. Last video I watched, he was trimming very small amounts, then testing.

Reactions: D M
Midland just emailed me saying I would get a 15% off coupon if I wrote a review. I figured id do it for someone else who can use the coupon since I don't need anything else from midlands website :)

THANKYOU15 -expires in 90 days, not sure if one time use or not but here you go.

Reactions: Vasq and bobthetj03
Leave the CB in place, you'll eventually regret removing it if you want to wheel in different areas with different groups of people. CB is still the most commonly used way to communicate even if some small groups have standardized on something else. I don't just have CB in my Jeep but I need and use it for 99% of the wheeling I do which is all over the place. I don't just wheel with one small group.
CB. Citizens Bransford.

• Haha
  • USA Proud
Reactions: Apparition and D M
Ok, I figure this thread is as good a place to post this issue as any. I have Midland's 6db antenna mounted on my driver side tail light bracket. This has happened twice now. Going down the freeway it starts whipping back and forth hitting my hard top violently. I had to come to a complete stop this morning to calm it down. Granted it was raining and a small amount of wind was blowing. IMO, the spring is not strong enough. I'm sending an email to Midland about it. Anyone running this antenna experience this problem?

Reactions: D M and Vasq
I have not had this happen with that antenna. I did with my Firestick for the CB though. Only happens when the wind is coming from a very specific angle.

I have not had this happen with that antenna. I did with my Firestick for the CB though. Only happens when the wind is coming from a very specific angle.
Granted, it was raining this morning when it happened. The wind was mild, and owning a TJ, you know when the wind is blowing on the freeway.

Reactions: SkylinesSuck
When i was researching Baofeng i learned that the only real seller of their radios in the US is this site.

https://www.baofengradio.com/

All the rest are knockoffs. Which may work fine. But for around the same price. The above website at least gets you the real deal. They have a huge knock off market. I would venture to guess that almost all if them on ebay are knock offs. But again they probably work just fine.

I have a pair of midland gmrs handhelds. That also take aa's if necessary. Which is a nice "survival" option. But i plan to upgrade to the Baofengs as the watts are higher.

For those of you with installed units. Are you at all concerned with theft?

My Jeep regularly gets gone thru by would be theives. As i run a soft top and therefore leave my doors unlocked.

If I'm in a sketchy neighborhood, I put my handset in my lock box under the seat. The base unit is very small and is mounted behind my center console, so not easy to see. It would be pretty much useless without the hand set.

As we all know space in a TJ is limited, and since I already have a CB mounted I was liking to not have another radio taking up space. I went with the MXT275 Midland for that reason. I mounted it on the driver side up and out of the way, I may mount a remote plug for the mic on the console somplace

4130-06.jpg

IMG_8112.jpg

IMG_8113.jpg

IMG_8115.jpg

Ok, I figure this thread is as good a place to post this issue as any. I have Midland's 6db antenna mounted on my driver side tail light bracket. This has happened twice now. Going down the freeway it starts whipping back and forth hitting my hard top violently. I had to come to a complete stop this morning to calm it down. Granted it was raining and a small amount of wind was blowing. IMO, the spring is not strong enough. I'm sending an email to Midland about it. Anyone running this antenna experience this problem?
I had this exact problem, happened often when I hit bumps on the freeway, what actually calmed it down a lot was removing my CB antenna spring, it would cause them to bounce into each other very loudly. Removing it has fixed my problem.

On a side note: Did you ever check your SWR for the midland? If so, what were you reading?