Midnight LJR Build

Very nice. Same combo I'm running. If you need help with anything let me know. My sister lives in Roseville, so I'm up in your area at least a couple times a month.

Thanks, appreciate the offer. Looking forward to get to meet some fellow jeepers.

Thanks I can do a lot of stuff but am not much of a painter. :p
If Tom (tech guy) and myself (financial guy) can do it, anyone can lol.

Like Tom said just sand it down a bit, clean off the dust, and spray it with some ace brand or similar paint.

I'm in Martinez and my mother in law lives in Sac so we go every so often. If you need a crew prior to the Rubicon I bet between all the local folks we could knock it out fast. :ROFLMAO:

If Tom (tech guy) and myself (financial guy) can do it, anyone can lol.

Like Tom said just sand it down a bit, clean off the dust, and spray it with some ace brand or similar paint.

I'm in Martinez and my mother in law lives in Sac so we go every so often. If you need a crew prior to the Rubicon I bet between all the local folks we could knock it out fast. :ROFLMAO:

Appreciate all the offers guys.

I am trying hard to get it ready for the Rubicon. If I need to I will definitely call in reinforcements.

Ok the last of the parts I wanted to get to have it ready for NorCal Rubicon trip have been ordered.

Just ordered the Savvy Sliders and Corner Armor.

I am not going to rush and half ass it to get it done. But am really hoping everything works out so I can go.

Now the waiting begins......

Ok the last of the parts I wanted to get to have it ready for NorCal Rubicon trip have been ordered.

Just ordered the Savvy Sliders and Corner Armor.

I am not going to rush and half ass it to get it done. But am really hoping everything works out so I can go.

Now the waiting begins......

You’ve been moving so quick, it’s giving me anxiety. I thought I blazed through my build but my build now looks snail paced hah

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Alex01
You’ve been moving so quick, it’s giving me anxiety. I thought I blazed through my build but my build now looks snail paced hah
Admit if you had the space yours would have been the same speed 🤣

Took the Jeep up to Highland lake this weekend, to enjoy some top down fun with the new Spidershade.
A54DA6A8-AE98-49B0-B97A-E3632D0A7DE0.jpeg

066AA5EF-B179-4CB7-B4CC-B0AB2B493697.jpeg

Started to take inventory of the parts that are coming in. About half the lift kit is in still waiting for track bars bump stops etc, I believe they have shipped.
6C126C41-B6A7-47B2-84F9-F8E961856D39.jpeg

7FF0E6B3-1EA3-41C8-989A-BB3F963F78F1.jpeg

Other Things I am still waiting on being delivered.
-Rear Bumper
-Diff covers
-corner armor
-under armor & Engine Skid
-rock sliders

I was gonna wait for the revolution US shafts and still plan to get them but went ahead and placed a order for the discovery series while I wait for those to come back in stock. I will feel more comfortable wheeling with them.

I believe the only thing I have left to order at this point is new ball joints I plan to replace them while I have everything apart.

Might as well replace the unit bearings while you're installing the BBK. Go ahead and grind them down ahead of time to fit the rotor hat to save time.

Reactions: DrDmoney
Might as well replace the unit bearings while you're installing the BBK. Go ahead and grind them down ahead of time to fit the rotor hat to save time.

Just orders Spicer Ball Joints and timken unit bearings. Thanks for reminding me. Famous last words.

“While it’s apart I might as well....”

I don’t think I need to grind them on the Super 16 kit I ordered, have to double check.

-

So all I should have left now is drive shafts. I plan to get Tom Woods I had good luck with them in the past.

I know I will need to get a new rear shaft and have to measure after the Under Armor install.

But will I need/should I get a new front shaft at that time as well, or just get new U-joints for the one I have?

Reactions: DrDmoney
Grinding was not required on Toms LJR with the super 16 kit. The discovery axles are for the front 44 correct? When you get the usa made ones let me know what you need to have for the discovery. :p

Grinding was not required on Toms LJR with the super 16 kit. The discovery axles are for the front 44 correct? When you get the usa made ones let me know what you need to have for the discovery. :p

Cool thought so.

Yeah the discovery are for the front 44. I have the US made for the rear.

I’ll keep ya in mind when I change them. I plan to update them as soon as the US made are available. :)

The way I figured it with my luck, if I bought the discovery the US made would be in stock right after I get them. If I didn’t buy them it would be April next year until the US ones are in stock.

• Haha
Reactions: Alex01