Midnight LJR Build

That is a very generous offer! Don't hold it for me if you can return it though. Frankentrailer is, well, Frankentrailer, so he's no stranger to some patina.

I won’t return it. I just planned finding someone to give it too. :) so if you want it, it’s yours.

Uprights for the rack are complete. I made them bolt on in case I ever need to change the design. The rack will be built on the larger tube and slide up and down along the “track” that it the smaller tube.

9BD06185-CA6B-469E-862B-C839902E68B3.jpeg
23163CAE-7D48-4A99-9A4B-78D15484C222.jpeg
64D93146-AFAD-4340-B8BE-C01908CC987A.jpeg

The tent also arrived in this massive box/crate. Going to wait until tomorrow to open it up because right now it can be stored vertical and doesn’t take up as much room.

Edit: Never mind we couldn’t wait to open it.
B22A0F86-B2DB-4BD7-BE75-CB0C535F08A2.jpeg
E35AD58D-EE56-4464-84F2-F34E3B78A5E7.jpeg
8A77F5B7-FBD9-4C58-B0CB-F9B9F6262686.jpeg

Last edited:
That looks great! How much does it weigh?

According to their website 175 lbs. The sleeping area is a little over a king size bed.

Initial impressions are really good, it setup and packed up in under a minute.

Last edited:
According to their website 175 lbs. The sleeping area is a little over a king size bed.

Initial impressions are really good, it setup and packed up in under a minute.
That's awesome. I think the only person that can beat you on assembly will be @Indy with his popup tent. Though you'll already have your sleeping bags and bed made.

Dang that is a great lookin tent setup. I stopped looking at roof top tents as it would be a PITA trying to get my prosthetic back on before I tried climbing down the ladder.

That trailer is going to look great with that sitting on top of it.

That's awesome. I think the only person that can beat you on assembly will be @Indy with his popup tent. Though you'll already have your sleeping bags and bed made.
Especially if Indy uses the smaller "Hello Kitty" sleeping bag again, take him half the time. :)

I got the rack all tacked together today. I was originally only going to do the center square section. However since I had to change the plan for where to put the actuators in the back because of clearance for the tail lights. I decided to widen the rack. I designed it so the round tube in the sides will stick out just about 1” around the base of the tent. This should help protect it from thick branches a bit. This wider rack will also give me a nice place to mount the 270 awning the wife wants so it should work out. I have been considering removing the center support I think I may have overbuilt it. It’s thin tubing though so doesn’t add a lot of weight so will likely just leave it.

I used round tubing everywhere you will be able to see it, and square in the center because of the brackets that came with the tent. It also made that section faster to construct which was a nice bonus.
ACED9F31-56DE-4BC1-88A5-067B9350A9AE.jpeg
1F33D117-E708-4ADD-912A-C86C26DC06B4.jpeg