Midnight LJR Build

Around end of the year. Hoping to do a maiden voyage with a camping trip over Christmas, just need to figure out where won’t be too cold
Take 395 down to Ballarat and hike up Surprise Canyon to the ghost town of Panamint City,
Goler Wash to Death Valley (the back door) stop by the Manson Family’s hideout at Barker Ranch (what’s left of it), then into Death Valley. I used to go down there from Christmas thru the New Year every year up till 2013

Last edited:
Another good one is Saline Valley Road in to Teakettle Junction and on to the Race Track, but don’t continue in to Death Valley unless you want to drive the longest and worst washboard road you’ve ever been on in your life.

Take 395 down to Ballarat and hike up Surprise Canyon to the ghost town of Surprise , Panamints, Goler Wash to Death Valley (the back door) stop by the Manson Family’s hideout at Barker Ranch (what’s left of it), then into Death Valley. I used to go down there from Christmas thru the New Year every year up till 2013

That sounds awesome going to have to look at planning that trip!
Another good one is Saline Valley Road in to Teakettle Junction and on to the Race Track, but don’t continue in to Death Valley unless you want to drive the longest and worst washboard road you’ve ever been on in your life.

Oh yes that roads is BRUTAL! I nearly destroyed a poor rental cars suspension on that road.

Reactions: tomtaylz
That sounds awesome going to have to look at planning that trip!

Oh yes that roads is BRUTAL! I nearly destroyed a poor rental cars suspension on that road.
I took a brand new 2005 Dodge Ram Quad Cab Cummins 4x4 on it, I had it in 4 wheel high in 5th gear doing 60 before it smoothed out enough to be tolerable, my drivers door seal leaks air because of it.

You were wise to get a rental

I took a brand new 2005 Dodge Ram Quad Cab Cummins 4x4 on it, I had it in 4 wheel high in 5th gear doing 60 before it smoothed out enough to be tolerable, my drivers door seal leaks air because of it.

You were wise to get a rental

The shocks on the rental car blew out leaked fluid on the exhaust and it was smoking behind me down the road. A guy I was passing flagged me down and thought it was on fire. Hahaha

I brought it back and was like.

“I think you guys should look at the shocks.....”

Do you already buy a new truck?

Planning on purchasing the new truck around the end of the year. Carless right now.

Take 395 down to Ballarat and hike up Surprise Canyon to the ghost town of Surprise , Panamints, Goler Wash to Death Valley (the back door) stop by the Manson Family’s hideout at Barker Ranch (what’s left of it), then into Death Valley. I used to go down there from Christmas thru the New Year every year up till 2013

I’ll have to PM you on this pick your brain on this closer to, this sounds perfect, I was planning on going towards Death Valley just hadn’t picked a route yet.

Reactions: Alex01 and DrDmoney
No, :-( not looking good. I just sent Savvy a E-mail yesterday to see if I could get an update. They were one of the first things I ordered. Must be having some kind of problem.
I believe @tomtaylz said he had better luck getting in touch with them on facebook vs phone/website.

No, :-( not looking good. I just sent Savvy a E-mail yesterday to see if I could get an update. They were one of the first things I ordered. Must be having some kind of problem.

You could try calling/emailing Michael directly too, I think he’s Gerald’s son. If you don’t have that info PM me and I’ll see if I can find it.

Reactions: DrDmoney and Alex01
SLIDERS!!
61948BF0-50AA-4036-BA42-DDAE000E8587.jpeg

Going to start a thread in the main forum to ask for install tips for install figuring more people will see it.