So jealous. Looks like you had a great time. It must have been fun watching the Pinzgauer go up Cadillac hill.

Having Blaine do the outboard is a great idea. It will probably also add value if you ever decided to sell the jeep. @Midnight LJR and I are going to do our best to do the rear on mine in the near future.

I'm looking forward to seeing photos of what @mrblaine does to mount the rear antirock behind the axle in order to clear the shock mounts. After speaking with him it seems like bending the links will be needed but it will be fun to see if our attempt looks anything like the Guru's.

Are you going to raise the body mounts while you have it with him?

The Pinzgauer was strapped to the JT all the way up Cadillac because of carb issues and lousy brakes...

I installed Savvy's 1.25" body mount lift when I installed the mid arm kit so I should be good to go there...

Reactions: Alex01
When each of my 3 daughters turned 10, I would take them camping on the Rubicon in my '85 CJ7. First trip was 2006 when I took my oldest. All 3 girls have now been on the trail a number of times and enjoy jeeping and camping. For Father's Day, my oldest gave me this custom hat to honor the tradition.

IMG_2789.jpeg

She ordered it thru Snag & Stitch and I only mention this because @Chris might want to look into getting some custom Wrangler Jeep TJ hats for the 2021 Moab trip. They are high quality and very nice...

When each of my 3 daughters turned 10, I would take them camping on the Rubicon in my '85 CJ7. First trip was 2006 when I took my oldest. All 3 girls have now been on the trail a number of times and enjoy jeeping and camping. For Father's Day, my oldest gave me this custom hat to honor the tradition.

View attachment 173910

She ordered it thru Snag & Stitch and I only mention this because @Chris might want to look into getting some custom Wrangler Jeep TJ hats for the 2021 Moab trip. They are high quality and very nice...
That's awesome!! Sounds like you have an awesome family.

Reactions: Nickgsjeep

View attachment 173910

Very cool hat! I've actually been looking into this. Hats, t-shirts, and decals should be enough.

Just saw your build thread for the first time today.
Good stuff, beautiful Jeep, keep up the great work!

Just spent another long weekend on the Rubicon on an annual trip I take with friends. Went in from the Tahoe side Thursday AM and got to Buck around 2pm. We were able to grab my favorite site on the water:

IMG_2806.jpeg

IMG_2808.jpeg

I wanted to stretch my legs so I let my pal's son drive a little.

I can't wait to outboard my shocks, the rears are all out of whack with the weight of all the gear I haul. I hardly had any down travel and could feel myself bottoming out on my shocks. I will have to adjust bump stops accordingly until I can get the shocks outboard.

All in all, a beautiful weekend, Jeep ran great and, despite the shock issues, the mid arm continues to amaze me and those I wheel with...

IMG_2824.jpeg

Last edited:
and, for the life of me, I can't figure out how to post a video...any suggestions?

Just spent another long weekend on the Rubicon on an annual trip I take with friends. Went in from the Tahoe side Thursday AM and got to Buck around 2pm. We were able to grab my favorite site on the water:

View attachment 176380

View attachment 176382

View attachment 176399

I wanted to stretch my legs so I let my pal's son drive a little.

I can't wait to outboard my shocks, the rears are all out of whack with the weight of all the gear I haul. I hardly had any down travel and could feel myself bottoming out on my shocks. I will have to adjust bump stops accordingly until I can get the shocks outboard.

All in all, a beautiful weekend, Jeep ran great and, despite the shock issues, the mid arm continues to amaze me and those I wheel with...

View attachment 176409
Looks awesome. Was the trail busy?

You need to upload it to youtube then post the link here.

hmmm, since I am technology challenged, that ain't gonna happen...

Was the trail busy?

Thursday and most of Friday were quiet, and then Friday night and Saturday got real busy. Log jams up and down the trail Saturday...Saturday we headed towards Loon Lake and camped there and that took quite awhile to get there from Buck...

Reactions: Alex01
Not TJ related, but I did go into Rubicon Springs last week in my CJ, my daughter drove. I walked down but I drove out 'cause I wasn't walking up! This was my 4th trip this year on the Rubicon. Normally, I take the TJ but the CJ gets the nod for my annual trip I have been doing with friends for 11 years...wheel in, swim/picnic, wheel out. I have retired the CJ from running the full trail, it is on 32's with Detroit Truetracs front and rear and the holes and obstacles on the trail are getting bigger and bigger that I don't want to be THAT guy who is constantly struggling or breaking something. She does handle Cadillac easily though.

she smiled all day long:
IMG_3036.jpeg
IMG_3014.jpeg

These Broncos are computers on 4 tires:
IMG_1872.jpeg

Observation Point:
IMG_3078.jpeg

I finally figured out this youtube thing, hopefully these videos work:

CJ coming down on granite slab

CJ on Cadillac

the group before we left staging area:
IMG_3005.jpeg

Soon, I will post some videos and pics of the TJ in action, but for now, it is still on it's road trip...

Not TJ related, but I did go into Rubicon Springs last week in my CJ, my daughter drove. I walked down but I drove out 'cause I wasn't walking up! This was my 4th trip this year on the Rubicon. Normally, I take the TJ but the CJ gets the nod for my annual trip I have been doing with friends for 11 years...wheel in, swim/picnic, wheel out. I have retired the CJ from running the full trail, it is on 32's with Detroit Truetracs front and rear and the holes and obstacles on the trail are getting bigger and bigger that I don't want to be THAT guy who is constantly struggling or breaking something. She does handle Cadillac easily though.

she smiled all day long:
View attachment 182533View attachment 182546

View attachment 182547

Observation Point:
View attachment 182548

CJ on Cadillac

View attachment 182531

Soon, I will post some videos and pics of the TJ in action, but for now, it is still on it's road trip...

Man that looks awesome!! I think the Rubicon is tops on my out of state road trip wheeling list, over moad. I want to camp at the springs it looks perfect.

Hey on the videos say no to vertical video give us that wide screen action 😬

she smiled all day long:
View attachment 182533View attachment 182546

View attachment 182547

Observation Point:
View attachment 182548

CJ on Cadillac

View attachment 182531

Those videos are making me really want a CJ. It's nice to see so many younger kids getting to have an offroad experience. Hopefully, they will catch the bug and keep enjoying all the amazing trails.

Hey on the videos say no to vertical video give us that wide screen action 😬

I am tech challenged because the vids on my computer or even you tube are much better, I will have to go in to youtube and see if I can play with any settings...

I am tech challenged because the vids on my computer or even you tube are much better, I will have to go in to youtube and see if I can play with any settings...
He means when you take the videos hold your phone sideways instead of vertical. It's nothing that can be changed on youtube.

When you upload videos it compresses the size, lowering the quality. This is very noticeable when messaging phone to phone but less when uploading to youtube. I have found though that apps like WhatsApp allow much higher quality videos to be sent from phone to phone. Also, if you travel WhatsApp is great because it can send messages over wifi and not use data while abroad. The other person also needs the app though.