4 O2 sensors and a MOPAR crankshaft position sensor now in my parts bin:

IMG_5570.jpeg

Looks like there is room for my Jeep up there.... Swing by and pick me up!

Top of the world was a fun trail.

Make sure you attach a flag to your jeep or the rangers will be paying you a visit. They sell them at the general store near the lake.

20211126_113158.jpg

20211126_113344.jpg

Leaving for Sand Hollow tomorrow for a week, any recommendations of any kind? trails? restaurants? sights?

Double Sammy is a classic! I'd recommend it along with Milts Mile, 777's and sliplock gulch.

Toqueville falls is cool, get to drive across the top of the waterfall.

Have fun! Sand Hollow is awesome. Just a giant slickrock playground.

Reactions: Wildman
I spent a week in Sand Hollow, which is a beautiful place and should be on your list of places to Jeep. As my Jeeping evolves, I learn more and more. As I have said before, I had years to plan this build before I bought my TJ from my Uncle, and, as much as I pondered on the final product, Sand Hollow showed me places in my build I should have done differently. This trip was the first time I really could have used hydro assist in a few spots, my approach/departure angles could be improved (especially the back), the extra weight of the back tire needs to be shed and, as much as I love the look of the stock front fenders/Rubi flares, the flares stuck out and got whacked hard by the rocks. Also, I was reminded how much I hate Jeeping with the hard top and doors.

We hit Double Sammy, Milt's Mile, Sliplock Gulch, parts of Triple 7's, The Maze, The Fallen and West Rim Trail. It rained 3 days which made the technical trails difficult. All in all, an absolute blast, the great parts of my build performed, the deficiencies stuck out.

50 years of Jeep, from left to right, 2022 JL 392 Rubi, 2016 JK Rubi, 2013 JK Rubi, my '04 Rubi, '96 XJ and '72 CJ5 stretched:
IMG_5821.jpeg

top of the Fallen trail:
IMG_5870.jpg

top of John's Trail, steep and slippery:
IMG_5823 2.jpeg

view of my predicament from below:
Resized_20230320_172122.JPEG

stuck again somewhere on the Fallen trail:
IMG_5853.jpeg

somewhere on Double Sammy:
FullSizeRender.jpeg

Cooper Discoverer SST Pro's:
IMG_5816.jpeg

Last edited:
Question for you electrical gurus out there...

My OEM locker switch light does not go off, even when key is out of ignition. I am talking about the amber light on the switch itself. The rear locker is an ARB, works fine. Front locker is still factory, works fine. Dash locker lights come on and off as they should when lockers are engaged or not. After several days of Jeep sitting, this little light ends up draining my battery. I have now disconnected the front locker wiring harness from this switch hoping that this switch is the culprit.

If not, do any of you have any other ideas?

Thanks in advance...