Now this was a cold day out wheeling @Chris lol. I'm the one brushing the snow off of the seat. I actually wasn't cold as I had my Helly Hansen Extreme Weather Gear on. My buddy that was driving was frozen by the end of the day.

BD378880-050F-4B18-80CB-14777C6139C7.jpeg

Now this was a cold day out wheeling @Chris lol. I'm the one brushing the snow off of the seat. I actually wasn't cold as I had my Helly Hansen Extreme Weather Gear on. My buddy that was driving was frozen by the end of the day.

View attachment 67087

I remember doing similar things when I lived out in Wyoming. Man was that a blast. I layered up some of my ski gear, a hoodie, and a nice big jacket. Wasn't bad at all until I got on the highway.

Reactions: derekmac
So over Christmas vacation (off from the 21st to the 3rd), I'm planning on working on relocating the upper rear spring perches, and outboarding the rear shocks.

I'm going to be using Ford towers for the outboard, with 12" travel Skyjacker (I know, I know...) shocks. I'm just hoping that Amazon gets the shocks here in time to do this.

Today I cut out plates to weld onto the control arm mounts for the lower shock mounts. I still need to make the standoffs for the shock stud, but won't be able to do that until I get under there and measure angles. I think my SPI Tronic Pro 360 will get a good workout for this project.

IMG_0874.JPG

Looks like I'm a bit behind here.

I did a rear caliper flip in preparation for outboarding the rear shocks.
IMG_0882.JPG

Plated in the rear lower control arm mounts.
IMG_0900.JPG

Installed a power steering cooler.
IMG_0894.JPG
IMG_0895.JPG
IMG_0897.JPG

Installed a Viair OBA system.
IMG_0919.jpg
IMG_0927.JPG
IMG_0928.JPG

Outboarding eh? What kind of travel shocks are you going to put in there? 12"?

So I think it's time to start on this project. It's been something that I've been interested in doing for a couple of years now, so I think I'll start looking for some grilles. For those wondering what's going on, it's a CJ2A grille frenched into a TJ grille.

View attachment 76329

I like the idea of a CJ front a lot. This grille with the flat fenders or the TJ fender lights welded over would look great imo.

I like the idea of a CJ front a lot. This grille with the flat fenders or the TJ fender lights welded over would look great imo.
I think it'll look good, and be something different that you don't see often (or ever). I also want to do the drop down CJ tailgate, but I need to figure out what to do with the spare as I don't want to do a bumper tire carrier.

Reactions: zebra12
Went on the local Jeep Clubs annual topless run today. I really wanted to go topless, but I didn't get the chance to pull the hard top. Oh well, it was still a great day out!

MVIMG_20190217_105143.jpg

Reactions: TJ Starting
Posted this elsewhere, but should add it here too. I'm swapping rims so I have a little less backspacing (3.75" vs 4.5"), and I'll five matching rims too.

I painted them Desert Tan, and come spring/summer I also plan on painting the Jeep the same color.

I just need to find the time to get the other four done.

Got the new rims mounted last night, and I'm pleased to say no more rubbing when I turn. I'll have to see what I can remove from the steering stops now.
IMG_20190326_071250.jpg
IMG_20190326_071303.jpg

Reactions: IPerkWVU
I think it'll look good, and be something different that you don't see often (or ever). I also want to do the drop down CJ tailgate, but I need to figure out what to do with the spare as I don't want to do a bumper tire carrier.

If you’re still debating this, my OR FAB carrier is tub mounted and plated on the inside by 1/4inch steel so it’s very strong. They sell it again now that might be a good consideration. I’m very pleased with how mine has held up.