New Trailer Project

Almost done. Well with the main part. Will still need to paint the spare tire holder and find a spare for it. All I need to do now is go to the hardware store and buy some new bolts to mount the fenders. :D

I cleaned up the wheels. Amazing what EasyOff oven cleaner can do!! I didn't have a good before pic but you can see the tire way in the back ground against the fence.

View attachment 118862

This image you can somewhat see it, its the taller one.

View attachment 118861

After cleaning them with the oven cleaner,

View attachment 118865

Here is a sneak peak of the trailer and fenders. Can't wait to get it put together and take a pic. :D

View attachment 118863

View attachment 118864

Next pics will be of it put together, all except the spare tire.

:D
Wow talk about a difference from when you started...looks great and will look awesome behind your Jeep.

Reactions: KimsJeep
I do believe you have the cutest Tj on the forum and now you’ll have the cutest trailer on the forum but what are you planning to haul in it? Puppies or kittens? Something cute I’m sure. Nice build.

I do believe you have the cutest Tj on the forum and now you’ll have the cutest trailer on the forum but what are you planning to haul in it? Puppies or kittens? Something cute I’m sure. Nice build.

Hubby likes to take a trailer when we go camping and sometimes just tow one when we go on a road trip. He say's you never know what you will find. (He is a big yard sale fan) The trailers that he has currently are kind of big, in my eyes, and I don't care to pull them. I liked this one because it is small, but yet big enough for camping gear or just anything we may find at yard sales. :D If we take my Bus, or my Jeep, I drive. So I want to pull a small trailer. :D

Reactions: billiebob
I wasn't expecting to get more done today, but hubby came home and helped put the fenders on. :D

9ZMWsqTMRCKOr36gsaEJ8A.jpg

Yep, even did the lug nuts in purple. LOL

nJWT07rQSgmOsEUCDOz2rg.jpg

Some how I ended up 2 lug nuts short. LOL Put them down somewhere, just don't know where. :D

We tried to put the spare tire holder on too, but the bolts we had didn't work so I will have to go get bolts for it. Then I when I go shopping I will see if Walmart has a tire and rim the same size for my spare. If not I will probably go to a trailer supply place.

Now just need hubby to put the tongue together and put it back in the trailer, then run wires and mount the lights.

Well, it's done. Kind of. LOL We went to hook it up to the Jeep and figured out that the wires that we so carefully heat shrunk and attached nicely all the way down to the tail lights, is to short. :( So we will now have to cut the wires at the front and splice in some wire, and re heat shrink it. I blame that one on hubby as I wanted to leave quite a bit out and he said "you don't need that much out". LOL

Here's the only pic I got of it with the Jeep so far. Hubby loaded it with Harley parts to give to a friend of ours around the corner so we had to hurry there and back before it got too dark.

9zGmxhBxRC2Pb1MbC5RANQ.jpg

Well, it's done. Kind of. LOL We went to hook it up to the Jeep and figured out that the wires that we so carefully heat shrunk and attached nicely all the way down to the tail lights, is to short. :( So we will now have to cut the wires at the front and splice in some wire, and re heat shrink it. I blame that one on hubby as I wanted to leave quite a bit out and he said "you don't need that much out". LOL

Here's the only pic I got of it with the Jeep so far. Hubby loaded it with Harley parts to give to a friend of ours around the corner so we had to hurry there and back before it got too dark.

View attachment 121747
Looks Great!

Wow, that came out really nice. I'm looking for small trailer myself. Nice job and great looking TJ/trailer combo!

Is there any chance you still have the hinges from the front? I have the same trailer and mine are missing! If you would be willing to even send measurements that would be amazing!

I seriously just made an account to reach out because I’ve been pouring over the internet looking for some...

Just curious. Were you using blast media or just regular sand? In the outdoor pic it looks like regular sand. If so, I'd do a google search about using play sand as blast media. It's not good for you at all. Quite dangerous actually. Just making sure. :)

The trailer looks awesome!