California NorCal Jeep adventures!

Okay.....I'll step up. My wife and I have always wanted to do this one. Henness Pass from just east of Yuba City, you take off Hwy 20 at Browns Valley and come out in Verdi, Nevada (Cabela's).
Historically, Henness Pass Road was a travel route used by Native Americans and then immigrants and local mining communities during the Gold Rush era. Beginning in the late 1850s, the road was a major supply route for the silver and gold mines in Nevada. You reach elevations up 6,916 feet.
We'll do it July 27th and 28th. Two day with one camp out.
Anyone else interested in joining us??
I don't think I'm going to be able to put this run together this year. With all the rain we had this last winter, we have some major road damage on the ranch that I'm going to have to deal with and try and get done or at least open enough to get through buy July or August, including putting in a new bridge.

• Sad
Reactions: bobthetj03
Anyone wanna do a day trip Saturday in the rain somewhere - end of wet season run. Nobody I know want to wash their truck.
What’s the point of wheeling then right ?!

We have a camping trip planned with the VW's, so I'm out. Would love to do some day trips though, maybe the next one. :D

My original plan for the weekend was to go from the desert to the coast and play in the Samoa Dunes for the 12th annual national "Jeep Go Topless Day" on Saturday, but the forecast for Humboldt and Del Norte counties is rain and more rain.

Last edited:
I have a camping trip planned, weather permitting, also

I just found out that we are going, rain or shine! Guess if it is raining, we can always go to town and hang out in the local shops. :D Going to Guerneville CA. School House Canyon Campground opens a weekend early, just for us VW Buses. :D

I leave for the Black Rock Desert tomorrow (Wednesday) and will return to NorCal on Saturday or Sunday depending upon weather. The original plan was to go from the desert to the coast and play in the Samoa Dunes for the 12th annual national "Jeep Go Topless Day" on Saturday, but the forecast for Humboldt and Del Norte counties is rain and more rain.

I've been wanting to head up there for a day on the dunes. Might plan something soon. Is there still RV camping there?

If by "RV parking" you mean the parking lot and shower house next to the Coast Guard station and entrance to the dunes, then yes.

Yes, that's what I meant. I knew there wasn't much there, but just needed a flat spot to spend the night.

Yea, I had to put the hard top back on today, solo. It was fun while it lasted!
I don’t think a rain fly would work for the weather ahead