California NorCal Jeep adventures!

I likely won’t be able to make anything in January. Sounds awesome though. Would love to go in that area.

If you’ve never been to Uncle Tom’s Cabin, bring some dollar bills, thumb tacks, and a sharpie. If you make it over “Hartless” you can go out down Icehouse Rd. to highway 50

Reactions: tomtaylz
Mormon emigrant trail out of Pollock Pines always has a ton of snow to play in, especially later into the season
MET is cool too, just has more traffic and lots of stuck vehicles because their GPS routed them that way to go skiing at Kirkwood.

Edit: Even though you can’t get through because the road is unplowed and gated closed at the highway 88 end,

Last edited:
Reactions: tomtaylz
I'll talk to the wife and see if we have plans that day. @bobthetj03 are you planning on making it a day trip or spending the night?

I'll talk to the wife and see if we have plans that day. @bobthetj03 are you planning on making it a day trip or spending the night?

Not sure. I'm still in the preliminary planning stage. Haven't even told my wife yet, lol! If the spousal unit doesn't want to go, I may just make it a day trip. Also tossing around the idea of taking the RV and basecamp at Loomis RV Park. Hey @Indy, can you do a drive by of that park and give me your opinion of the place?

Reactions: Alex01
Not sure. I'm still in the preliminary planning stage. Haven't even told my wife yet, lol! If the spousal unit doesn't want to go, I may just make it a day trip. Also tossing around the idea of taking the RV and basecamp at Loomis RV Park. Hey @Indy, can you do a drive by of that park and give me your opinion of the place?
There’s also 2 RV resorts and a Thousand Trails in Coloma, on the American River, it’s just 15 minutes below G-Town, just take Marshall Road straight to WWSR