California NorCal Jeep adventures!

That's up there Justin. You going to camp somewhere? Which way you going in?
Jim-

We're looking at doing an exploratory trip (mostly new area for us). Tuesday hit Cow, stay Upper Lake. Make our way up M-1 and side trails to Covelo. Next day try Green Valley and camp at Pillsbury. Take side trails around area and end up at Upper Lake.

Do you think this is feasible with the recent weather? If you have any suggests or other recommendations let me know.

Reactions: Alex01
Jim-

We're looking at doing an exploratory trip (mostly new area for us). Tuesday hit Cow, stay Upper Lake. Make our way up M-1 and side trails to Covelo. Next day try Green Valley and camp at Pillsbury. Take side trails around area and end up at Upper Lake.

Do you think this is feasible with the recent weather? If you have any suggests or other recommendations let me know.
With the warm up, I'm sure it's doable. You'll get some snow above 5000 feet I would imagine. Snow Mt. is white. Hull Mt. will likely be the same. If Hull has too much snow, you could go around through the game reserve, take the M60, then reconnect with the M1 which will put you on the north side of Hull and put you enroute to the FH7 and Covelo. I generally monitor GMRS channels during work week, so if you have a FRS or GMRS radio, use channel 16. I should be able to hear you while you are on Cow Mt or Elk Mt. or even Hull.

With the warm up, I'm sure it's doable. You'll get some snow above 5000 feet I would imagine. Snow Mt. is white. Hull Mt. will likely be the same. If Hull has too much snow, you could go around through the game reserve, take the M60, then reconnect with the M1 which will put you on the north side of Hull and put you enroute to the FH7 and Covelo. I generally monitor GMRS channels during work week, so if you have a FRS or GMRS radio, use channel 16. I should be able to hear you while you are on Cow Mt or Elk Mt. or even Hull.
Thanks Jim-
I'm normally on ham and CB. I do think someone in the group has GMRS and I'll try to reach you.

Thanks Jim-
I'm normally on ham and CB. I do think someone in the group has GMRS and I'll try to reach you.
I have a Ham license as well, KN6SRH. I monitor 2M/70cm. There are several repeaters in the area. Look up Konocti, Hunter, Willits, and Anthony Peak. Anthony Peak repeater is at 7000 feet and should get you coverage all the way to the valley and Covelo.

Reactions: DrDmoney
Jim-

IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO JOIN US FOR ALL OR PART OF THE MENDO EXPLORATORY RUN LET ME KNOW.

Snow was about 3-4 inches at Three Prong (5,000 ft) so we defaulted to Whitlock after driving around a bit.

Saturday we went up from Whitlock to Williams camp and Post Pile.
Freaking muddy mess and lots of equipment from Crain Mills
Had fun in the snow
57DA718B-859C-41E6-B383-385E7E6F2EC3.jpeg
A19D91B5-C6AC-4E83-B074-6AB1E699BB00.jpeg
5D0DD8E6-66D9-4CDF-9A6F-D0C88D8203D2.jpeg

Reactions: Thunderhead
Anyone planning a Rubicon or Fordyce run this season?
Still trying to get dates together for my brother and I to run the Rubicon. Likely not until September since he works CAL and AZ fire service. We would run mid week and try avoiding the two events for Marlin Crawler and Expedition. If I get dates I’ll post up.

If others are running it sometime sooner I might be interested to tag as well.