Oklahoma Oklahoma members

Ah man!!!! I love Clayton, that place is Foreal, as you'll see.

Buggy guys will prob be irritated you're there, just ignore em and keep it moving!

Enjoy!!

Ha, everyone else is like, wtf?

Just seeing these recent updates. BigMac hope you have fun in HS, unfortunately I can't make it over this weekend but let me know if you are looking for any info. The new owners have recently started marking all the trails and updating the ratings, so pretty easy to get around.

MrHolland - have fun in SandHollow! I am finally getting around to making it to Clayton. I got invited to wheel in Clayton next week with a group from Texas, so I am pretty stoked about that. I will post up how it went after the trip.

Green Acres in Clayton, OK? I ran that place in my old TJ back in 2010 before it was a hard core destination. To date, that was my favorite wheeling trip. Sucks that it's mostly a buggy place now.

_MG_2153.JPG

That's the spot!! Its one of my favorites!

Have a look at Rugged Mountain Ranch, RMR, its equally Foreal lol

Reactions: PRNDL
Yep, as far as I know we are going to RMR one day and Green Acres another. I am just tagging along, will be nice to not have to lead and just follow blindly.

Reactions: PRNDL
I know I'm going to sand hollow, but I'm almost envious

Headed to SMORR for the Halloween run. Last run for us before we rip the Jeep apart and start rebuilding.

Reactions: Bigmac
It wasn't a hardcore wheeling trip by any means but I have to tell y'all I really enjoyed hot springs off-road park.

Full disclosure this was one stop of two, for a family trip to celebrate my wife and I's 10th wedding anniversary. Wheeling was not the focus, but lumped in as a bonus.

We arrived on a a Sunday of the Columbus day weekend and seemed to have missed the craziness and crowds. we were one of maybe 4 or 5 groups in the whole place.

from what I saw the park was exceptionally clean compared to the majority i have stopped into. Lots of porta John's and trash bins. Tons of "5mph" " children at play" and "no dust zone" signs all through the main complex and camping and staging area.

Nice map given on check-in and TONS of signage for trails.

our spot was the biggest in the park, backed up to a running creek, complete with fish frogs and tadpoles, and across the street from a playground (by design).

The kids gave up on wheeling after two trails on the first day. I connected with a group in the parking lot shortly after, and with wife and kids back at camp made a few 4 diamond trails. We hit one 5 just after, and while it didn't look too terribly bad, a Rubicon TJon 35s with a stock tie rod smashed it up real good 15 feet in.
Jeep folks are usually good people, and not even knowing their names they trusted me to assist in recovery and to help with repairs.

happy to say while their group of 5 rigs had one TJ tie rod failure and one TJ blown rear end, I came away with a scrape or two on the skids.

As much as I enjoyed the wheeling, the best part was hunting frogs along the creekbank later that evening with my kids.

IMG_20221010_112023172_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221010_150119098.jpg

Green Acres in Clayton is Legit!! Had so much fun there that we changed plans from doing Green Acres one day and RMR the next to just doing two days at Green Acres.

2 - JKs on 40's
1 - JKU on 40's
1 - JKU on 42's
1-TJ on 35s :)

It was super dry, no water anywhere which I was told is not normal. The "creek" run at the bottom of the park was even dry. I am sure the trails would be totally different if they were wet, but I have to say when they are dry they are definitely fun!!

Trails Run-
Day 1-
Wet n Wild (creek run)
Tuckers Triumph
C&H
8 Point down and picked up Blacksheep
Upper Part of Blacksheep
Lower and Upper Cake Walk

Day 2-
Blacksheep Blvd (a group of buggies who went up the gatekeeper first started to stick around to see us struggle, but when the first JKU went right up first shot they jumped in their rigs and took off up the hill, haha!)
Slagle 'D
Upper Slims Slope
8 point (down)
Patty's Pountang (down)

One passenger in the group had a camera and was taking a bunch of pictures, if I can get a hold of them I will post up in Wheeling Trips and Pictures.

If you like rock gardens, loose boulder fields, creek runs, and pushing the limits of your rig all day long, Green Acres is the place. I highly recommend. It is not a place where you will cover much ground, but on the few trails you do you are working it. Another thing to note is that there are no SxS and the place is clean, I only found two beer cans all day and we picked them up. Not sure if the owner actively cleans up or if the patrons are all just super good about keeping after the trash. It was great to see.

We did have some carnage,
JKU on 42s broke something in the rear axle (hasn't opened it to find out yet).
JKU on 40s did some damage to the exhaust (basically ripped it to shreds)
JK on 40's rear locker started popping and not working.
My rear locker is popping and not working all the time and my front antirock torsion bar snapped. My steering box also started leaking.

We stayed at Hwy 2 RV Park which is only 4 miles from Green Acres. They have hook ups and they also have RVs to rent (which is what I did) and it worked out great.

Can't wait to see the photos. Sounds a little hardcore for me which is too bad cause I'd love to find a place with no side by sides.

I've seen him wheel. Dude has no quit in him. Even when you tell him he should. :p

Glad you guys had a good time! Has some big tire buddies head there early this year. Said it was awesome, but tough.

IMG_8183.JPG

That's Clayton!! Try RMR when able, I don't think you'll be disappointed. Both are very technical

Clayton is def one of my favs!

Reactions: gasiorv
I've seen him wheel. Dude has no quit in him. Even when you tell him he should. :p

Glad you guys had a good time! Has some big tire buddies head there early this year. Said it was awesome, but tough.

View attachment 367454

hahahaha I can see that.

My problem is my LJ still has a really straight body and I hate the thought of ruining it. Makes me think about doing something wild like buying a sh!tbox YJ and doing a 5.3/4L60E swap with tons, coilovers and a cage so I can send it with no fear.

hahahaha I can see that.

My problem is my LJ still has a really straight body and I hate the thought of ruining it. Makes me think about doing something wild like buying a sh!tbox YJ and doing a 5.3/4L60E swap with tons, coilovers and a cage so I can send it with no fear.

That's the reason I bought an LJ I wasn't afraid to beat on. Lots of LS YJ's out there you can buy for less than it costs to build.

Reactions: freedom_in_4low
Welcome.

Let me know when someone is going to green acres or rugged mountain ranch!

So crossbar, RMR, and green acres are all fairly close together in the same area of Oklahoma iirc. With that, driving distance should be around the same plus or minus about an hour for most folks on here.

I'm down to slug it out at Green Acres, but the difficulty level might disuade some of our more mildly built members. Likewise some more hardcore members might not show unless we go to GA or RMR.

Really im looking to get an idea of how many folks would want to show to a ride at Crossbar or Green Acres with the goal of getting as many folks together as possible in the spring.

So crossbar, RMR, and green acres are all fairly close together in the same area of Oklahoma iirc. With that, driving distance should be around the same plus or minus about an hour for most folks on here.

I'm down to slug it out at Green Acres, but the difficulty level might disuade some of our more mildly built members. Likewise some more hardcore members might not show unless we go to GA or RMR.

Really im looking to get an idea of how many folks would want to show to a ride at Crossbar or Green Acres with the goal of getting as many folks together as possible in the spring.

Clayton (Green acres and RMR) is actually about 2 hours east of Davis (Crossbar). I haven't been to any of them but based on my experience level I'd be more apt to join a Crossbar trip.

Its been a couple years since I visited CB. IIRC, rock face, a creek bed and screen door were the only obstacles? The rest of the park was steep off camber loose gravel/rock climbs. My visits there, things seemed narrow and not well marked. It was easy to end up on a side by side trail. We affectionately referred to it as scratch city.

I am a tentative yes for GA or RMR.

I owe RMR a other visit, last and only trip there, sliced a tire, twisted a stock drive shaft and had a torque converter failure that took the trans with it Lol.

• Wow
Reactions: Tob