Outdoor Storage Options

MikeE024

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Need to leave my Jeep out west in the desert for about 9 months.

In hopes to prevent rodent damage I’ve found carcoon and carcapsule as potential outside-storage options.

Curious if anyone has an opinion on these products or alternative options. Looking for trustworthy options that won’t break the bank.

Those two possibilities you listed might work fine noting that one needs power.
The ultimate storage and having security would be a cargo container like a 10'x20' but not sure how the heat would be inside. Painting it white would help.

Reactions: MikeE024
Take the weight of the jeep off the tires with jackstands under the axles, full tank of fuel with stabil, fresh oil change, battery tender. Whatever container you put it in, a few boxes of mothballs will help keep mice at bay.

The ultimate storage and having security would be a cargo container like a 10'x20' but not sure how the heat would be inside. Painting it white would help.

I would make a second vote for a connex. Another sneaky option is a self storage facility.

Unfortunately, I’m likely priced out of the connex and self-storage options. I’ll keep my eye out though.

look at the Costco carport enclosure....and a solar battery tender

Unfortunately, I need something sealed to avoid rodents, etc. from commandeering the jeep if it stays in Tucson (my friend's property is basically open desert with snakes and rodents galore). I'm not 100% set on keeping it here, but I am exploring the option.

The NW Vegas option still has rodent issues but to a lesser extreme.

I have a battery tender that can remain plugged in the entire time at either location, but I'll keep the solar battery tender in mind in case things change. Thanks for the input!

Take the weight of the jeep off the tires with jackstands under the axles, full tank of fuel with stabil, fresh oil change, battery tender. Whatever container you put it in, a few boxes of mothballs will help keep mice at bay.

Yessir, I definitely plan on making use of my jack stands and I have a battery tender.

Fuel stabilizer will be done. I have Mopar injectors that can be installed later if I have problems with varnishing (not sure if that's a valid concern).

I'll be sure to get moth balls! I also read that rodents don't like dryer sheets so I'll probably go all out with anything like this that can potentially help keep them away.

Also, there's a cat on the NW Vegas property and the property is about 50% more domesticated. This might be the answer.

The main reason I'm considering keeping my jeep in Tucson is that my doggy will be staying here with a friend and his dog. Thus, my little brain is considering all practical options.

Finding some non ethanol gas would be high on my list-

Fuel under pressure fares better than fuel in a container or carb, so fuel injection is a help- stabil certainly doesn’t hurt.

Asking your friend to crank it occasionally might be a consideration also.

If you decide on a shipping container, make certain to enlarge the vent openings to prevent condensation and consequently rust
• speaking from xperience