Picking up where I left off

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve driven my TJ more in the past several weeks than I ever have in the time I’ve owned them over the years.

The more I drive it the more happy I am with it and still in total disbelief that it is a TJ. If it weren’t for the piss poor fuel economy I could actually drive this thing every day and never not have a smile on my face.

Anyone who has any doubt whatsoever how much of a difference a properly dialed in suspension can make is missing out. I was skeptical at first when I would hear people like @Midnight LJR talk about how his handled like an auto cross vehicle, but I am no longer skeptical. I can toss this thing through corners as hard as I want and never once does it feel like it’s going to tip over.

I’ve been taking banked highway on-ramps with 40 MPH posted speeds at 90 MPH and its just so, so planted.

This thing was good when I got it, but it’s otherworldly now. I absolutely love this thing! 😍

The on road manners I have no business being this good, especially on a TJ.
I hope you are able to keep the jeep buddy it sounds like you are just starting to enjoy the upgrades

...and that explains your gas mileage...

There's a direct correlation between the way I've been driving it and the fuel economy no doubt.

At the same time, I've also only ever owned one other vehicle where you could literally watch the fuel gauge dropping the moment you floored it. That was my Challenger Hellcat :LOL:

I suppose it doesn't help that due to President House Plant the gas prices are getting up there.

I suppose it doesn't help that due to President House Plant the gas prices are getting up there.

I've been watching those numbers hoping my LS isn't as thirsty as I suspect it will be when I bought it at <$1/gal gas.

Edit: Don't be too sad guys, I knew gas prices weren't going to stay that low.

Last edited:
You're right, the sound is definitely worth the extra $$. :ROFLMAO:

So, what's next on your TJ build? Any future upgrades in mind? I don't think we've even seen pictures of it yet!!

At this point I'd really, really like a stroker or some sort of power adder. I'm not going the supercharger route again, and while a turbo might be cool, I think I'd rather just have a stroker. I am however waiting for Blaine's feedback on the one Russ is building for him.

I don't have anything major left to do at this point. I need some trail doors, a subwoofer, and some minor things, but it would appear all the big work is done unless one of you has any ideas :LOL:

At this point I'd really, really like a stroker or some sort of power adder. I'm not going the supercharger route again, and while a turbo might be cool, I think I'd rather just have a stroker. I am however waiting for Blaine's feedback on the one Russ is building for him.

I don't have anything major left to do at this point. I need some trail doors, a subwoofer, and some minor things, but it would appear all the big work is done unless one of you has any ideas :LOL:
Atlas?

Reactions: Rick Flair

Now you gotta get out and use it, scratch up those bumpers!

Maybe I should just follow @Alex01's lead. Got a brand new Savvy bumper from me and then proceeded to ram it right into a rock the next day :LOL:
Come on. I waited 3 days before ramming it into a rock.

That bumper has seen many rocks since and will continue to in the future. You can't be scared of scratching the paint if you want to get up the hard lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.