Picking up where I left off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even more impressed with this tune! Just did some night time off-roading out here in the desert and I’m really, really loving the throttle response mapping. It just feels so much better all around.

Should have taken some night time photos too. This KC light combo I have is absolutely awesome out here in the desert where there are no lights.

Even more impressed with this tune! Just did some night time off-roading out here in the desert and I’m really, really loving the throttle response mapping. It just feels so much better all around.

Should have taken some night time photos too. This KC light combo I have is absolutely awesome out here in the desert where there are no lights.

I know we're talking two different animals but I have been telling guys that do the magnum swap that even if they keep it stock getting a tune from FRP or Hemifever will make their rig run better. IMHO it's worth it and you can get a 87 octane & 91 octane tunes so you can run regular and then when you want the power fill up with premium and load that tune.

I know we're talking two different animals but I have been telling guys that do the magnum swap that even if they keep it stock getting a tune from FRP or Hemifever will make their rig run better. IMHO it's worth it and you can get a 87 octane & 91 octane tunes so you can run regular and then when you want the power fill up with premium and load that tune.

I believe that! It’s no placebo, I can literally tell how much better this 4.0 runs with this tune. There is more power for sure, but what’s most noticeable is just how much better it is to drive. The throttle response is better all around and the mid-range in particular feels like it just woke up entirely.

For $350 I think this is a no brainer, honestly.

I believe that! It’s no placebo, I can literally tell how much better this 4.0 runs with this tune. There is more power for sure, but what’s most noticeable is just how much better it is to drive. The throttle response is better all around and the mid-range in particular feels like it just woke up entirely.

For $350 I think this is a no brainer, honestly.
Which tuner are you using?

One thing with the magnum engines was because of the EPA requirements Mopar flashed a lot of the PCM's with what is called the "Death Flash" trying to stop the engines from pinging but by detuning the engines it cut power and made them run like shit.

Once my engine is running I have to data log and send it to Ryan so he can write me a tune. I'll start with one of his canned tunes to get it running and then go from there. Of course I'll have a AFR gauge to monitor things.

How’s you do it for $350? Looks like $599 with the canned tune and HPTuners module.

Oh, yeah I already have an HPTuner setup that I’ve used in all my past vehicles.

If someone was local to me I could flash them for the price of the FRP tune ($350) and a HPTuner license for their VIN ($100) using my module.

So you have just MVI2 or also Pro features? I know very little about this stuff but seems like would be good investment. And at $600 for device and canned tune through FRP save $50. I assume even if bought it through FRP I could use it for other vehicles.

So you have just MVI2 or also Pro features? I know very little about this stuff but seems like would be good investment. And at $600 for device and canned tune through FRP save $50. I assume even if bought it through FRP I could use it for other vehicles.

I have the MPVI2 and the pro features, but the pro features are not needed. You can use the MPVI2 with any vehicle that they support, you just have to buy a license for each vehicle you use it with, which is usually around $100.

I have used this MPVI2 on many of my past vehicles including my Challenger Hellcat. It’s definitely worth buying one if you ask me.

The girls and I had a fun time wheeling today at Elvis Trail with @starkey480.

AEA778DF-F5C9-4556-80BF-05F1342C9A49.jpeg
AD0D8C3D-55F9-4121-B7D5-567BC2AD2D4E.jpeg
9D1FB446-2943-42A1-873A-9116E13C2C49.jpeg
4A725AA8-00BB-46B1-8E40-405E33717BED.jpeg
01208BAB-F219-4C87-98C5-3DF891E415E6.jpeg
DA68D65B-FAF9-42B1-9854-D6226F09FE4D.jpeg
45A80C35-4205-4DB6-A155-8B92428381DF.jpeg
1F28FC31-3C19-4ECF-890F-33DC1F1ECED4.jpeg
DE69D1FA-7BB5-4133-83DC-0F1EBFBB2908.jpeg

Chris great pictures and looks like a fun trail. The girls look happy and if they are anything like mine was they love climbing all over stuff.

Yes hyd assist is a great upgrade.

Reactions: Alex01 and Chris
Chris great pictures and looks like a fun trail. The girls look happy and if they are anything like mine was they love climbing all over stuff.

Yes hyd assist is a great upgrade.

This is the first time they've been crawling in it and they did seem to like it quite a bit.

It was quite a task yanking the steering wheel back-and-forth in the rocks. It was then and there I realized that the hydro-assist needs to come next.

Status
Not open for further replies.