Picking up where I left off

Status
Not open for further replies.
are you wrapping the whole thing? what’s staying black?

No, just the khaki parts I think. As much as I would like to wrap some of the black parts, I don’t think the wrap will adhere well due to the slightly textured nature of the powder coating.

I'm going to attempt to at least wrap the rear portion (with the vent) of the front fenders to see how the vinyl adheres to the powder coat. If it holds up, I'll probably do the tub armor as well.

I like the idea of a wrap because it's easily replaced if it gets damaged.

Close to the Gobi color, looks like?

Yep, that's why I like it. Gobi has long been my favorite. I think together with black, it would look really good. I also think it couldn't be that much just to wrap the hood, grill, windshield frame, and a few other minor spots.

Really digging the look of these KC HiLites!

BB5BE26D-7C0A-46AE-A7A3-87177DA54916.jpeg

2C0F4E51-9C59-44EB-B49E-5FD613346930.jpeg

Got a killer deal on Amazon for this sand colored Alien Sunshade. This is the Unlimited version so it covers more of the back. I think the sand color actually goes pretty well with khaki.

View attachment 199868View attachment 199869View attachment 199870
I have the same shade for my jeep. The rear coverage is great for the kids.

A great tip @bobthetj03 gave me was to buy some bungee cords to hold the rear seatbelts while they aren't in use. It makes it so they don't make tons on noise.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LCJVA7Y/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Reactions: DrDmoney and Alex01
Wow! This FRP tune made an incredible difference. The Jeep feels so much more alive. I can absolutely feel the power increase. It’s not so laggy either. The throttle response is super crisp and punchy.

Wow! This FRP tune made an incredible difference. The Jeep feels so much more alive. I can absolutely feel the power increase. It’s not so laggy either. The throttle response is super crisp and punchy.
Did you install the exhaust?

Did you install the exhaust?

Nope, that's coming in November. But even without the exhaust, it's extremely noticeable. The throttle response is the first thing you notice, especially in the mid-range. However, I can tell it pulls harder for sure. I think this combined with the headers, exhaust, and maybe a big valve Edelbrock head at some point might be all the power I need.

Nope, that's coming in November. But even without the exhaust, it's extremely noticeable. The throttle response is the first thing you notice, especially in the mid-range. However, I can tell it pulls harder for sure. I think this combined with the headers, exhaust, and maybe a big valve Edelbrock head at some point might be all the power I need.
Looking forward to your exhaust install

Status
Not open for further replies.