Picking up where I left off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, oh well! I figured that was probably the case, I was just having trouble picturing it.

Jeep is supposed to be picked up on Monday and should be delivered to me the following Monday or Tuesday.

In the meantime I ordered an ARB on-board air compressor.

Reactions: skrelnik and Alex01
You left an angry grill off your build list. 😉
Congratulations on finding one with most everything you wanted!

• Haha
Reactions: rasband
Jeep is supposed to be picked up on Monday and should be delivered to me the following Monday or Tuesday.

In the meantime I ordered an ARB on-board air compressor.
Order something with a bigger box next time. ;)

Did you end up with the single?

• Haha
Reactions: TJ Starting
Order something with a bigger box next time. ;)

Did you end up with the single?

Yes, I got the single. I need to find something large to order, it’s almost like a gambling addiction 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Alex01
  • Haha
Reactions: Chris and pagrey
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
In fairness, those and the others I linked are not the correct versions. The ones used on the TJ dash are black or dark gray. I think I paid 7 or 8 bucks each for them when I got some a few years ago.

These look like regular rivets to me. What’s different about them other than the flower shape?

These look like regular rivets to me. What’s different about them other than the flower shape?
Just the flower shape or rosette. That is how they catch the folks that don't pay attention. Law Enforcement rarely checks or cares about any other VIN tag except the one on the dash. They never scan the PCM to see if the VIN matches, they almost never check the frame, but dash tag gets a very high level of scrutiny. Get it right and they don't look at much else. I've done a few for various reasons but mostly inspections after a rebuild for a new title. No inspector has ever questioned the correct rivets because they are correct.

Reactions: Squatch
Just the flower shape or rosette. That is how they catch the folks that don't pay attention. Law Enforcement rarely checks or cares about any other VIN tag except the one on the dash. They never scan the PCM to see if the VIN matches, they almost never check the frame, but dash tag gets a very high level of scrutiny. Get it right and they don't look at much else. I've done a few for various reasons but mostly inspections after a rebuild for a new title. No inspector has ever questioned the correct rivets because they are correct.

Makes sense, and honestly I didn’t even think about that because all the people I’ve ever had do VIN inspections at the DMV seemed lazy.

Should I do this, I’ll be sure to get the correct rivets.

How many hours would you say it takes to swap the dash? I’ve never removed one before on a TJ, only a BMW and a few VWs.

How many hours would you say it takes to swap the dash? I’ve never removed one before on a TJ, only a BMW and a few VWs.

Assuming similar years so the electrical connectors match up, it's a weekend project at most.

Assuming similar years so the electrical connectors match up, it's a weekend project at most.

Okay, so not too bad then. Once the weather cools down and my garage isn’t 115 degrees I’d be up for it.

Okay, so not too bad then. Once the weather cools down and my garage isn’t 115 degrees I’d be up for it.

It helps prevent scratches if you can have 10 minutes of somebody's help holding on the other side of the dash to lift it out and back in.

Reactions: DEValken
It helps prevent scratches if you can have 10 minutes of somebody's help holding on the other side of the dash to lift it out and back in.
So there is a use for my wife after all 🤣

Either that or @starkey480.

In all honesty, it’s just so much easier to find black interior trim pieces as oppose to khaki.

Reactions: starkey480
Status
Not open for further replies.