Project 1-tons and 40s

I was goin to juat build a skid and form fit my stock tank....but when l got the opportunity to rin ORIs l pulled the trigger on the comp tank.....go big or go home right

Reactions: Wildman
Which tank do you have Jeff? Do you have their 19 gallon EXT tank?

Jeep Wrangler Gas Tank Skid Plate | Jeep TJ Crawler Gas Tank | Jeep LJ Extended Fuel Tank (genright.com)

Their new Comp tanks are offered in a 20 & 23 gallon but you have to have CO's to run it according to their tank.

TJ/LJ Crawler™ COMP Gas Tank & Skid Plate (23 Gal) | GenRight Jeep Parts

I wish this one would work on my TJ since it's $400 cheaper than the EXT tank.

Jeep Crawler Gas Tank & Skid Plate | Jeep TJ Gas Tank | Off Road Jeep LJ (genright.com)
Yes, that’s the tank I have. The other issue with the larger tanks (at least it used to be) was there was no room to get the exhaust past it. The smaller tanks like the 19 are angled on the front corners to allow for that.

Not a big update got steering box mocked up all links mocked all steering and track mocked......rear uppers dont have much room to go up....about 2in so hope its enough if not l might need to bend upper a little

20210104_164828.jpg

20210104_164835.jpg

20210104_164844.jpg

20210104_164909.jpg

Reactions: Indy and Alex01
Looks good. Most guys here just put the uppers against the tub and hit the heck out of the links and dimple the tub for clearance.

Had to work for my business this weekend so didnt get much done on jeep but did get some more goodies....l have a side gig where l make crabbing gear fishing and hunting stuff for local business

20210105_124806.jpg

20210106_141705.jpg

Reactions: TJ Starting
How much stretch did your get out of t?
Honestly l have no ldea....l would need someone to give me a measurement for stock lol
How much stretch did your get out of the rear?

That shaved sterling is great, might have to hire you to do that machining for me one day! Things are looking good. Do you have uptravel numbers yet?
Lol ok l think la can do that.....l should have close to 5in up

Honestly l have no ldea....l would need someone to give me a measurement for stock lol

Lol ok l think la can do that.....l should have close to 5in up
That shaved sterling is great, might have to hire you to do that machining for me one day! Things are looking good. Do you have uptravel numbers yet?
And the weldi g on that housingis the difficult part

I seen a dude use a Sawzall and grinder once lol
Hah just because it can be done doesn't mean it should be done!

What's your uptravel limit, ie what is it that makes contact first? Was 5 your goal? What's the frame height at tcase?

Hah just because it can be done doesn't mean it should be done!

What's your uptravel limit, ie what is it that makes contact first? Was 5 your goal? What's the frame height at tcase?
I was goin for 4 or 5 and the upper rears arms contact first....even after l beat floor in....l gotta go a little more with the tub. Then the upper arm brackets on housing will hit tub on. The frame is 22-24 in l think l never put a tape on it the tcase is onlyabout 1 in lower then the frame....it will be a flat skid with 1 in drop

Last edited:
Reactions: B00mb00m