REAL WORLD COMPARISON: OEM Anti-Sway Bar w/ Disconnects vs. Antirock Off-Road Sway Bar vs. SwayLOC Dual Rate Anti Swaybar System

OK so moving to a milder sway up front (making front and rear closer to equal rates) off road is more to balance the suspension front to back as a system instead of on road where it is more of a function to keep stronger roll control around corners.

OK so moving to a milder sway up front (making front and rear closer to equal rates) off road is more to balance the suspension front to back as a system instead of on road where it is more of a function to keep stronger roll control around corners.

Yes. Your front and rear bars are now working together with the AR & in the off-road (unlocked) mode for the SL.

I always hated the disconnects. Getting them disconnected wasn't that bad, but connecting at the end of the day was often a pain if you're not on level ground. So I'd get one side connected then find a big rock or something to park on to reconnect. Otherwise, I'd be using a pry bar. Then you also have a problem with where the sway bar connectors go when disconnected. I have seen people puncture the side wall of a tire because it contacts one of the arms.

I switched to the anti rock years ago and it was my favorite mod for a long time until I tried the SL on road in someone else's Jeep. The AR is fine for off road, but doesn't handle as well on road. The SL is perfect for both.

With the disconnects: Have you ever come off of an obstacle and the Jeep rocked back and forth, side to side? The AR or SL will stop that from happening. Hence Anti-rock.

The latch mechanism on the swayloc makes a hell of a racket when you drive over slightly rough pavement. Most noticeable at slow speeds. I think it’s extremely annoying but for me, I enjoy the other factors of the swayloc so I will not replace it.

I have the Terraflex equivalent to the Swayloc and although it is generally quiet it can make a racket if not periodically lubricated. The inner shaft needs to be removed, lubricated and re-installed. Otherwise the inner and the outer shafts bind up and start making noise. I suspect the Swayloc might do the same because they are similar construction.

I have the Terraflex equivalent to the Swayloc and although it is generally quiet it can make a racket if not periodically lubricated. The inner shaft needs to be removed, lubricated and re-installed. Otherwise the inner and the outer shafts bind up and start making noise. I suspect the Swayloc might do the same because they are similar construction.

I had the air cylinder and never had any noises or rattles. And I ran mine for 4+ years without ever lubing it or other maintenance but this was the older style SwayLoc. The newer version of the SwayLoc has a grease zert so you can grease the locking end of the bar.

The latch mechanism on the swayloc makes a hell of a racket when you drive over slightly rough pavement. Most noticeable at slow speeds. I think it’s extremely annoying but for me, I enjoy the other factors of the swayloc so I will not replace it.

Check to be sure the rattle you hear isn't the heim joints. I've had 2 fail on me in a short amount of time.
20230516_100641.jpg
If that liner you see working its way out escapes completely, the heim rattles like the Dickens.

Check to be sure the rattle you hear isn't the heim joints. I've had 2 fail on me in a short amount of time.
View attachment 450678
If that liner you see working its way out escapes completely, the heim rattles like the Dickens.

The provided heims have been the only noise I have identified coming from the SL. They survived about a year before the liner squeezed out, but I think I also damaged them with too much shock travel. The FK rod ends I replaced them with are still tight three years later.

Is it the little flipper lever?

I don’t know what to call it, it’s the piece that slides within the long arm to move the wedge into and out of the short arm.

When it’s unlocked, you can wiggle it and it makes the same noise. There’s a lot of play in it and the bolts are tight.

The provided heims have been the only noise I have identified coming from the SL. They survived about a year before the liner squeezed out, but I think I also damaged them with too much shock travel. The FK rod ends I replaced them with are still tight three years later.
Wouldn’t happen to have a link to those?

I’ve had an Antirock sway bar in my basket at Quadratec and summit for what seems an eternity. Finally getting serious enough to order one, but then read this. 🙄
unfortunately for me, living in Australia, the government puts additional tax on anything privately imported over $1000AU, which the swayloc is just over. So ends up being about double the cost of an Antirock 🤬

Might just buy the Antirock after all.