Rubicon trail July 11th and 12th - Completed

Added to Calendar: 07-11-21, 07-12-21

Hot yesterday, one of the things to improve is my cooling system, had to let it cool down a couple times. No issues with the cooler weather today.

Yep near Yosemite now, spending the day there tomorrow.

There is a bench there that is dedicated in honor of my dad and the work he'd done in preserving the area and stuff. I can't tell you where it's at but can ask.

Edit: OOPS my bad I got places mixed up.
The bench is at the Trail of the 100 Giants in the Sequoia National Monument.

There is a bench there that is dedicated in honor of my dad and the work he'd done in preserving the area and stuff. I can't tell you where it's at but can ask.

Edit: OOPS my bad I got places mixed up.
The bench is at the Trail of the 100 Giants in the Sequoia National Monument.
May see that, we are going through sequoia too

Another comment.

I absolutely loved having the rubicrawler on this trip. The low gearing was perfect for slowly progressing through this trail.

At one point on Cadillac hill I let it idle up the hill maybe 40 yards with zero throttle input it was perfect for the speed of others in front of us.

I think the low gearing is unnecessary at a place like Moab, for the most part. But it really seemed to work well on the loose rocks of the Rubicon.

Good to hear things went well. Maybe next year for me. What gears do you have axles?

Reactions: Apparition
Today’s view

3E485442-8068-4076-8DB9-D01FAB0850D0.jpeg

Completed my bucket list item of the Rubicon.

Thanks @mvigo for guiding us and for being an awesome guy to hit the trail with.

Really enjoyed the trail it is a beautiful area and I can see why people love it. I hope all jeepers that want to take the time and make it a priority to come out and do it.

I plan to come back and do it again maybe in a couple years and hopefully can get a few more members to join.

The Jeep got a little beat up ended up rolling a rock up and over the rear wheel but not too bad of damage. The skids all held up but have battle scars to show for it.

I turtled myself on one unnecessary obstacle and got stuck on a rear diff hanger on another but other than those the Jeep performed well.

View at Northshore campsite before starting the trail

View attachment 264952View attachment 264953View attachment 264956

Buck island camp
View attachment 264958View attachment 264959

A few random pics
View attachment 264960View attachment 264962View attachment 264963View attachment 264964
Wow this is absolutely on my bucket list. Looks amazing

I think the low gearing is unnecessary at a place like Moab, for the most part. But it really seemed to work well on the loose rocks of the Rubicon.
This has been my experience with the RubiCrawler. Anytime there are larger loose rocks, I use mine in low/low. It allows for more control than I can get at 4:1. What I love most is how all the "shock" is taken out of the drivetrain. I no longer have to hunt for just the right throttle position. What I don't like is that I have to be very mindful of braking, i.e. when I want to stop I have to bump it out of gear. That said, it's not like you're moving fast!

Reactions: Wildman