Short console

Just got my 05 lj console in the mail today might pull my 04 rear console and sell it with my front center console. Hmm.

I really like the short console. Especially with the two cup holders ;)

Thread isn't too far lost, I can resurrect it. 06 LJ Rubicon, I yanked the factory sub and armrest and put in the short console cupholder and parking break boot, it feels so much more roomy and utilitarian and I love the minimalist look. With factory sub there isn't much storage in there anyway, so you aren't missing out on much, and I sure didn't buy a jeep for the "premium sound system". It also provides a slight gain on rear leg room in the back, So not just for SE owner's!

KIMG0250.JPG

Thread isn't too far lost, I can resurrect it. 06 LJ Rubicon, I yanked the factory sub and armrest and put in the short console cupholder and parking break boot, it feels so much more roomy and utilitarian and I love the minimalist look. With factory sub there isn't much storage in there anyway, so you aren't missing out on much, and I sure didn't buy a jeep for the "premium sound system". It also provides a slight gain on rear leg room in the back, So not just for SE owner's!
Congrats. Hopefully my part numbers and links helped a little bit. Looks outstanding.

I'll have to give you some credit, a quick Google search for "short console" came up with your photos and the link for this thread, that's were I started, few clicks on eBay and done so thank you. I was going to completely remove everything and fit a early JK (weird to say that) shift boot to the floor and generic tcase boot CJ/YJ style like I've done before in a TJ, but cup holders are nice and I like factory parts that I can put back later. I also snagged a straight tcase lever to swap out with the tap handle Cherokee lever I hate.

Congrats. Hopefully my part numbers and links helped a little bit. Looks outstanding.

Reactions: Fouledplugs
To say nothing of definitely not being able to afford a spouse who might want to use that other cup holder...

Wait a minute...I had to buy an SE in the first place BECAUSE I had a wife & kids...
Not saying that SE owners are cheap or anything, but that squeak you hear isn't polyurethane bushings.

Last edited:
My 04 LJ came with a short console. I converted it to a long one specifically to get the arm rest and added storage, albeit not much. It doesn't have a subwoofer which does make a difference in space though.

Reactions: Fouledplugs
Ok, I am really liking that simplistic look of the short console with 2 cup holders. Where can I find one for a 2005?

eBay, for your Jeep (like mine) it's just a cup holder that attaches to the front part of the console and a boot for Parking brake. I've seen them in Black ish, and tan. My significant other seems to enjoy it more without he bulky arm rest.

It changes the entire feel of the interior , I happen to love it that much more.

s-l400.jpg

s-l400 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Ok, I am really liking that simplistic look of the short console with 2 cup holders. Where can I find one for a 2005?
You already have the front half. All you need is the rear half with the two cup holders. The front half is all the same (mostly) in the two piece console.

What color are you after? We may be able to do a trade.

Reactions: JamesAndTheSahara
You already have the front half. All you need is the rear half with the two cup holders. The front half is all the same (mostly) in the two piece console.

Did the short console with 2 cup holders ever come in a spice variant? I'd buy one off of ya if they did :D (Although its doubtful).

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.

Hmm. I’ll have to talk to the wife. :)

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Spice is
Did the short console with 2 cup holders ever come in a spice variant? I'd buy one off of ya if they did :D (Although its doubtful).

Spice is an earlier color for tj correct? I know my 95 yj had "spice" interior, if that is the case they may not make the 2 piece console but I'm sure they did make the short 1 piece console for 97 (maybe 98) base models.

Reactions: JamesAndTheSahara