Sway bar mounts on both sides and upper control arm mount are toast

P
@Keg do you have photos of your full shock, print and bumpstop setup? It might help people identify if something is missing or not set up right.
Everyone here is willing to help in anyway possible. Recommended replacement parts are one thing. However if we don’t know what caused the damage and components to fail then we are just setting ourselves up for another failure. That is why most were asking more questions and for more pictures. To try to grasp The Whole situation of how/what led to the carnage. It wasn’t until today that you stated the sway bar mounts had been broken for a while before the arm. That changes things from the first post.
It isn’t common to break the sway bar link mounts. So if we just suggest the parts and you fix it and it fails again then we must have suggested crappy parts. Being the damage is so odd we need to find out what caused it to really fix the issue.
Understand, but I just want you to know I would never blame anyone for failures . I know how and where I drive this jeep and it is abused . I understand everyone thinks something is wrong with my set up and he’ll … you maybe all correct . I will get some pictures when I am back out at the farm where the jeep is . Thanks for all your help and advise so far , 😊👍

Reactions: Gollywomper
P

Understand, but I just want you to know I would never blame anyone for failures . I know how and where I drive this jeep and it is abused . I understand everyone thinks something is wrong with my set up and he’ll … you maybe all correct . I will get some pictures when I am back out at the farm where the jeep is . Thanks for all your help and advise so far , 😊👍
Stick around here awhile and you will see some of the setups folks need help with and you will understand where we are coming from. Way to many shops installing lifts who have no idea what they are doing.

Reactions: Keg and SvtLdr
Stick around here awhile and you will see some of the setups folks need help with and you will understand where we are coming from. Way to many shops installing lifts who have no idea what they are doing.
This may help explain some things …. I did the whole set up myself , I rebuilt the entire front end suspension and rear suspension (with factory replacement parts ) my self, I put the body lift in and suspension lift in myself. I put the parts together based on recommendations from folks on here and have been so very happy with it . So maybe I am that guy who has no idea what I am doing ? But the set up has been flawless since may of 2020 😊

Reactions: Gollywomper
still looks to me like the dam things got locked on to with the axle drooped and it never moved from there

when it tried to come around it couldn't and this put the load into the link, which forced the thin frame to try to open and that's why the ends are flared out at the tear and why the other link looks smiley.

the sway link end could be a whole different occurrence. and they could have also been hooked up at droop like the CA links.

now the clevites turn in the casings? or the bushing rotates in the center? i thought the only CA's you could tighten at droop would be the 1's with a rotating bushing (like a JJ or heim or similar).

Reactions: Keg
Gotta work to get my money to support my expensive habit . Besides after we figured out we couldn’t fix the suspension Sunday without ordering some parts ( which by the was all I was asking about to start with ) we installed a snorkel on my busted up LJ 😂

View attachment 299278

View attachment 299279

View attachment 299280
Be sure to clean the edges of that hole you cut and paint the edges so it doesn’t start rusting on you. Also when you removed the battery tray make sure that battery temperature sensor gets put back under the battery or you will have charging issues.

I lived and wheeled in Arkansas for some time. I can think of several times I wished I'd had a snorkle on my old YJ. Including the time I hit a "puddle" a bit too fast and hydrolocked the motor. Then, on top of that, I had to get wet clear to the crotch to hook a rope to the bumper so my buddy could pull me out.

Reactions: DrDmoney
Everyone here is willing to help in anyway possible. Recommended replacement parts are one thing. However if we don’t know what caused the damage and components to fail then we are just setting ourselves up for another failure. That is why most were asking more questions and for more pictures. To try to grasp The Whole situation of how/what led to the carnage. It wasn’t until today that you stated the sway bar mounts had been broken for a while before the arm. That changes things from the first post.
It isn’t common to break the sway bar link mounts. So if we just suggest the parts and you fix it and it fails again then we must have suggested crappy parts. Being the damage is so odd we need to find out what caused it to really fix the issue.
That's already been explained so the thanks for parts recommendations at this point is pretty much BS. That and if whatever is wrong broke the stock swaybar link mount, mine won't last any longer.

Reactions: Keg and Gollywomper
I lived and wheeled in Arkansas for some time. I can think of several times I wished I'd had a snorkle on my old YJ. Including the time I hit a "puddle" a bit too fast and hydrolocked the motor. Then, on top of that, I had to get wet clear to the crotch to hook a rope to the bumper so my buddy could pull me out.
True statement !

I know , I am the same way ! I can’t wait to take detailed pictures and hear from everyone on how I screwed up my Jeep 👍😂

Yes sir , Fayettville Arkansas, the jeep is in cave springs 30 minutes away

hopefully someone comes along. I'd be happy to take a look if I wasn't 3.5 hours away. Too bad this didn't happen this summer, I was working in Fayetteville and Springdale for four different weeks spread out between June and August.

hopefully someone comes along. I'd be happy to take a look if I wasn't 3.5 hours away. Too bad this didn't happen this summer, I was working in Fayetteville and Springdale for four different weeks spread out between June and August.
3.5 hrs away... and your point is...?