The good news thread

Congratulations!
thanks man
My daughter and son-in-law came into the room on Thanksgiving day wearing these shirts announcing some great news. As they have already made me a grampa with their wonderful little daughter (now 2 and a half years old), I couldn't be more pleased. :)
View attachment 206563
wow, that's awesome, love the shirts - congratulations! Thinking that's my next stop :LOL:
thank you

So I wake up this morning to a text with a video attached, apparently the videographer put together a short 'teaser' after the wedding, it's about a minute long but man does it capture the essence of the occasion in a beautiful way, I can't wait to see the entire thing. He's a young kid too, actually grew up with my daughter & they were friends all throughout school, apparently he went into business for himself doing this sort of thing & I'd say he's got a pretty bright future judging by this:

November has been a less than stellar month. Health issues with elderly parents, mostly. Both my wife’s and mine. Thankfully those issues have been resolved or are being resolved with positive outcomes. So that is good.
Then in the midst of all this, my wife’s 2005 Xterra began throwing 02 sensor codes. When I crawled underneath to change them, I discovered frame rot. Bad, bad frame rot. It’s on me for not having crawled it when she bought it a year and a half ago, but in truth it was bought from a dealership we had an almost 20 year relationship with and never had a problem from them in all those years. Fooled me once. There won’t be a second time.
So we began looking for something different for her. She decided she wanted a Jeep, and that a Cherokee would fit her needs better than a Wrangler. Looked at a lot of clapped out junk and halfway built or thrashed modded beasts. Then we got lucky. Local owner, a few cosmetic blemishes, much less than you’d expect for a 1999. Two owners, the original owner bought and had it in Virginia until selling it to his brother in 2011, when he was posted overseas. The second owner used it as his insurance business rig. We have every invoice for anything done to it from 2011 to 2020. Never been off pavement. The best part? No. Frame. Rust. Just a little sun fading.
Bone stock. The wife is happy that she can decide what she’d like to do to it.
She’s happy, I’m happy.
For a month that started as a cluster, it ended, well, good.

6DBD1ABD-9E48-49DB-80F8-F50599BF6832.jpeg

D61A1CFA-16E9-4C90-8805-511ECB5E6794.jpeg

So, no grandsons until probably the week before Christmas. Good news there is I'm working from home most of the month.
But, the little boogers both got grounded. Owen for taking being a little turd to the max and Eli... well, Eli's in deep shit. First, he was caught by his mom hiding under his covers with his Kindle, watching U-tube videos when he was supposed to be on his Chromebook in class. Second, he has failed to turn in something like forty assignments.

So, mom was a straight A student, high school Valedictorian, college Deans' list, graduated Summa Cum Laude with an MBA. She is pissed. She's telling us about Eli's transgressions and first thing out of my wifes' mouth is, "Oh, just like Grandpa.";) Then our daughter started questioning me. So, I said I can't help with the kindle crap other than have it disappear, possibly for good and block his access to U-tube. As far not turning in assignments, he's bored out of his skull. Been there, done that. The class may be too advanced for him, or he's too advanced for the class. Most likely the latter. Eli, mom, and Eli's teacher are going to have to work that one out. Having been indirectly involved in education for almost thirty years, Eli's teacher may dig in his heels and not budge. Knowing Eli, he will do the same. Mom will be exasperated.

Because I fought with my teachers all through school, my advice to Eli was to turn in the bulk his assignments to get everyone off his back but instead of screen time, hit the books and learn on your own at your pace on what's not covered. He'll be okay.

To add to the above, because I didn't know until this morning, both Eli and his mom were granted membership in the World Taekwando Association and begin Masters training in January. Apparently, Eli is only the second 7 yo from Bill Cho's UTC that has ever done that.

I have been planning to join the kids' TKD outfit after I retire next October, among other things. Probably have Eli as my instructor.

Today, our youngest graduated from Texas A&M with two majors and a minor, cum laude! Watching him walk across that stage has got to be one of the coolest things I’ve ever seen. I’m so proud of him! He’s got a hot girlfriend who’s going for her masters, who is sweet as can be too. Says he’s going to take break, and then go for a masters as well.

Today, our youngest graduated from Texas A&M with two majors and a minor, cum laude! Watching him walk across that stage has got to be one of the coolest things I’ve ever seen. I’m so proud of him! He’s got a hot girlfriend who’s going for her masters, who is sweet as can be too. Says he’s going to take break, and then go for a masters as well.
Congratulations!

Reactions: Fixer6
Congratulations!
Thank you. Probably going to move him back home this weekend into his now redone room. In the past two months we’ve gotten rid of all the high school stuff, went from a twin bed to a queen sized, installed all new floors and furniture, and repainted his room. I put all 49 trophy’s up in the attic, (half the room right there) ribbons and plaques are all in boxes in a storage closet, and mounted a 60” flat screen on the wall.

Reactions: Apparition
Thank you. Probably going to move him back home this weekend into his now redone room. In the past two months we’ve gotten rid of all the high school stuff, went from a twin bed to a queen sized, installed all new floors and furniture, and repainted his room. I put all 49 trophy’s up in the attic, (half the room right there) ribbons and plaques are all in boxes in a storage closet, and mounted a 60” flat screen on the wall.
He earned it. Be proud.

Right on! Congrats to you all, as I know something like that takes an effort on everyone's part (family) in one form, or another. You have every reason to be proud!

He earned it. Be proud.
Oh I am. Wife’s going to take to buy new clothes, shoes, etc. next week, while I clean his car. At least that’s the plan for now. Who knows. His birthday is the 19th, and Christmas is coming. As If college, studying abroad for a year, an apartment, car, and all that goes with it weren’t enough. I made a deal with him years ago, I’ll mow the grass and do the chores around the house as long as you keep the school grades up. He did, and I bought him a Mustang. His mother said V6, so a loaded 2014 MCoA with barely 20k is what he got. We had a little fun with the motor, tranny, and exhaust, and that’s what he took to college. He had only one speeding ticket, no crashes, and doesn’t drink or smoke. (Swimmer) I imagine I’ll have to do something different now.

Owen and Eli were released from detention this week. My working from home for the rest of the month didn't happen, either.

Anyway, Grandma tells me the boys were on their very best behavior this week. Obviously read the Riot Act by their Mom. Whatever it was, it worked.

Grandma has a ritual when taking the boys back home, which consists of telling them it's time to go home, which is greeted by "Aw, do we have to?" To which Grandma says "Yes." Followed by, "Who wants a Popsicle?" That gets them moving.

Grandma tells me about last Thursdays ritual. She's getting ready to hand Owen his Popsicle, but he's doing his 'Pee' dance.

"Owen, do you have to pee?"

"No."

"Owen, it's pouring rain. I'm not going to stop on the way home so you can pee in the ditch."

"Okay."

He runs to the bathroom. I swear the kids' left leg is actually his bladder because he can drain a quart at any one time. Grandma and Eli are waiting outside the bathroom door for him. Owen flushes and comes out. Grandma and Eli are both wide eyed.

"Owen, you flushed the toilet."

"Yeah."

"You lifted the seat, too."

"Yeah."

"But you didn't put the seat back down."

"I didn't wash my hands, either."

"Sigh. Little steps. Go wash your hands and let's take you home."

Me, I was in SW Virginia where I helped break $1M piece of rail equipment.:rolleyes: