The good news thread

I got my building finished today so I can put my tractor and it's implements, wood splitter and little 4x4 work truck in it.
IMG_20200313_161457275_HDR.jpg

Says the guy with the dumpster fire avatar lol

😜 that was back in my carefree days

Youngest grandsons potty training isn’t going so well but the texts from my daughter have been priceless.
”Owen interrupted my video conference with my bosses to tell my he peed on the floor and wanted to show me”
”Owen peed on the bench and blamed it on his brother”
”Owen stood in front of his potty and turned a circle while peeing and laughing. I needed to change my pants because I couldn’t get out of the way“

that's the stuff right there, Owen is the man! Haven't met him but I love that kid 😝

Gotta admit that I thought a "Good News" thread would be doomed to failure (as most "Good News" things seem to be), but this thread is just what we need. Good on ya for starting it, @Westtown Willy. (y)

thank you bigly, kind sir!

Back on the subject of weather, we're on a roller coaster here, was mid-70's last friday & I celebrated by knocking off around mid-day & going into town for my annual spring sidewalk dining beer festival at my favorite micro brewery (really just me and a couple buddies drinking beer on the first really warm Friday of March), we did it nice, started at Iron Hill Brewery where I enjoyed a few pints of Pig Iron Porter, their signature porter. Iron Hill was one of the first in the game of the modern micro brewery era, started around 25 years ago & they've grown into quite a local favorite with 20 or so locations, some of which have migrated south as deep as South Carolina & Atlanta.

So on Friday we were joined by one of the owners, he just happens to live in West Chester which is also home to one of the original locations. He was telling me that Pig Iron Porter is one of their original brews, one of the few survivors (if not the only one) from their opening; makes sense, I think I've been drinking it that long 😁

iron hill 1.JPG
Iron hill 2.JPG
Iron hill 3.JPG

they just kept coming 🤙

Iron hill 4.JPG

After that we moved down to Sidebar, another of our favorites, but by then the sun was in retreat so it was a bit too cold for my ass so I headed down to Opa, a new Greek Restaurant to see some other friends, good news there is that they finally got their liquor license, they opened last summer but the license had been on hold for around 6 months; it was cool though, in the interim it was a BYOB which is always a bit kinder on the wallet. Called an old college friend on my way there & she just happened to be driving through town at the time so she parked & had a drink, some Greek style grilled octopus & Opa Chips (fried eggplant and zucchini), was really fun.

Iron hill 5.JPG
Iron hill 6.JPG
Iron hill 7.JPG
Iron hill 8.JPG

Edit: wanted to add the 'story' of Iron Hill, pretty cool, just 3 guys that wanted to make beer, they have truly lived the dream:

https://www.ironhillbrewery.com/our-story

Last edited:
Hey if you guys need a great video to watch on Youtube.
PeriscopeFilm, 1940's Jeep Promotional Film — THE JEEP FAMILY OF 4 WHEEL DRIVE VEHICLES 76174
20 minute film of all the Jeep power equipment accessories that were available after WW II. Makes the modern utility 4 wheelers look useless.

Pulled out the fishing rods for the first time in 3 years or so. Got them all cleaned up and spooled up some new line, and restocked my tackle.

My stepdad and I cleaned up the boat for some quickly arriving fishing trips! Oddly enough, over the past 25 years or so, this will be the first time we've gone fishing together.

Since we all like pictures, here's some pictures of the boat that he and I did some refurbishing on.

IMG_20190320_144219210_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190327_122434840_HDR.jpg

Made up a new switch panel.
IMG_20190323_180341955.jpg

All of the old parts cleaned and refinished
IMG_20190312_170315088.jpg

IMG_20190324_180314700.jpg

Making a pod for the tachometer
IMG_20190315_025857-01.jpg

IMG_20190314_232412180.jpg

Installing the new seats
IMG_20190331_135428664_HDR.jpg

Engine cover getting new decals and polishing
IMG_20190331_160833959_HDR.jpg

All finished
IMG_20190331_135603252_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190331_140246772_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190329_191833990.jpg

IMG_20190323_112529421.jpg

Ready for some more Owen?😃

Potty training has improved and he is very proud of himself. So much so that he crawled in Moms lap, while on another video conference with her bosses, and told everyone, loudly, that he pooped in the potty by himself and everyone should come see.

I actually see this as payback for his Mom being a little turd herself. I’m also hopeful that the suits with young kids are having the same kind of fun at home.

Owen for President, we need that kind of thinking higher up 😁.

This is a good news bad news situation, first the good: took the day off, actually that may have been the Governor's idea :oops:, it's in the mid-70s again & the roads were dry so I took Lucabella out & ran her up the highway about 20 miles to stretch things out, smooooooth as a tit 🤓

lucabella.JPG

bad news is I defrosted a 10 inch frying pan size blueberry pancake I made last weekend for lunch & brought it up to my home office & as I sunk the fork into it I hit a giant blueberry just right & shot what looks like a pint of blueberry spooge all over my keyboard, sorry no pictures but I instinctively cleaned it up before I had the chance to realize how funny it was