The good news thread

I keep meaning to pickup a shotgun. I’ve never owned or fired one, but it seems there is a lot of fun you can have with one, and it doubles as being hands down the best weapon out there for home defense.
source.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Chris
Finished my home gym.. rubber floor was a beeotch but only because I wanted it perfectly trimmed around every piece of #*@% molding. Part one of keeping me sane right now.
1585134834249.png

Halfway through 2.5" lift on my F150. More for aesthetics than anything else so I can run same 31" tire size as my Jeep. She's fighting me every step of the way but hopefully the rear won't be as difficult. Part two of keeping me sane right now.
1585134956165.jpeg

Fixed my toilet. I didn't take pics of that. ;)

I really like your TR6. I cannot explain why, but I have wanted a British racing green TR6 with the small bumpers for the last 35 years.

Not a fan of most greens, but BRG is right at the top of my list of colors I would have on a vehicle.

With the weather being nice this past week, I pulled the cover off the the Mini and powered the top down. I then went out for some nice spirited driving. Less people on the road was a pleasant surprise. Had a great time!

Here's my Mini Cooper Convertible "Type S" w/John Cooper Works package in "British Racing Green" Metallic. This Mini has a Super Charger in it with 220hp. w/6-speed. I bought it this past fall with 22k miles from a old friend that ordered it custom from the factory. I didn't have any interest in a Mini until I saw it and sat in it. Then I was hooked! It's a blast to drive and quick at only 2800lbs.
These pictures don't show the depth of the paint but you get the idea.

20190814_110716.jpg

20190814_110505.jpg

20190814_110622.jpg

20190814_110638.jpg

20190814_110648.jpg

20190814_110700.jpg

Last edited:
With the weather being nice this past week, I pulled the cover off the the Mini and powered the top down. I then went out for some nice spirited driving. Less people on the road was a pleasant surprise. Had a great time!

Here's my Mini Cooper Convertible "Type S" w/John Cooper Works package in "British Racing Green" Metallic. This Mini has a Super Charger in it with 220hp. w/6-speed. I bought it this past fall with 22k miles from a old friend that ordered it custom from the factory. I didn't have any interest in a Mini until I saw it and sat in it. Then I was hooked! It's an blast to drive and quick at only 2800lbs.

View attachment 148276
View attachment 148277
View attachment 148278
View attachment 148279
View attachment 148280
View attachment 148281
That one actually sounds fun. Cool

Here's my Mini Cooper Convertible "Type S" w/John Cooper Works package in "British Racing Green" Metallic. This Mini has a Super Charger in it with 220hp. w/6-speed. I bought it this past fall with 22k miles from a old friend that ordered it custom from the factory. I didn't have any interest in a Mini until I saw it and sat in it. Then I was hooked! It's a blast to drive and quick at only 2800lbs.

View attachment 148276
View attachment 148277
View attachment 148278
View attachment 148279
View attachment 148280
View attachment 148281
Somehow, the BRG metallic just doesn't do it for me. Nothing against the car though.

My good news is I ordered a Rubicrawler this AM. I also ordered Savvy's 8 Double adjustable Aluminum control arms and Currie's Currectlync Kit steering. And transmission Aux cooler.

I did post this In my build thread, so not trying to cross post just stoked.

Good news though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a guy coming to get my hardtop, should add some extra to the play money account. It went faster than I thought given that I advertised it in the spring during an economic meltdown.

Reactions: TJ Starting
OK, here's my happy.

I retired from work 9 months ago with almost a years severance pay, spent the last 9 months quietly remodeling the house with the plan to sell it and move up to the family ranch. Where I'll spend my time wheeling my TJ, or shooting my M1A, 1950 Winchester model 94, or the Colt XSE. In between those activities, I'll visit friends, help my son run the ranch or restore his '72 Nova coupe, or take the quad and cruze our 200 acres, or just do nuthin, cuz I feel like it!

OK, here's my happy.

I retired from work 9 months ago with almost a years severance pay, spent the last 9 months quietly remodeling the house with the plan to sell it and move up to the family ranch. Where I'll spend my time wheeling my TJ, or shooting my M1A, 1950 Winchester model 94, or the Colt XSE. In between those activities, I'll visit friends, help my son run the ranch or restore his '72 Nova coupe, or take the quad and cruze our 200 acres, or just do nuthin, cuz I feel like it!
Talk about living the life. Congrats on your retirement! (y)

The good news is this is my 1000th post 🙄, I can't believe what a blabber mouth I am, usually not this talkative but this is such a great forum it's hard not to join in with so many great conversations going on. So a thanks to @Chris for doing whatever he did to make this all happen.

Now for the actual good news, today I stumbled onto this video I hadn’t seen in forever & it reminded me how smokin hot Madonna was in her prime, she was cute in the 80s but she was over the top in the late 90s, she’s around 41 in this video and, well, just watch it & you tell me 😁

It’s funny watching all the new little Madonnas in the business now, she really did so much for the industry. I wonder if even half of them know how much they owe to her.

And Mike Meyers is a genius

The post above made me think. I bet the pr0n site traffic is at an all time high. Lots of bored lonely singles (and some married ones too) with too much time to let their minds wander but can’t “hookup”. Just a guess (I wouldn’t know...)

I guess my good news is:
I’m working from home and am loving it.
Doing my part. Been social distancing big time since 3/12
Getting lots of little chores done around the house I could never find time for.
Weather has been beautiful in FL
Went to the grocery store yesterday at 10:30am. Since it wasn’t first thing in the morning, it wasn’t busy at all. Stuff had been picked through but I can deal with that. Much less stressful.

My wife finally found the house shes wants! Quite a bit more than I'd like to spend, but it's our 20+ year home, I may have to put off my Jeep build or reduce some of the things I wanted to do.
Happy wife, Happy life.

We need more Owen!
Owen hasn’t been up to much. At least we haven’t been told anything, probably because of his mothers’ lingering pee tree embarrassment. He did get a haircut. As a guy who started losing his hair early, I am extremely jealous of the head of hair that kid has. Think Luke Skywalker with waves.

• Haha
Reactions: Fixer6