The good news thread

The good news is this is my 1000th post 🙄, I can't believe what a blabber mouth I am, usually not this talkative but this is such a great forum it's hard not to join in with so many great conversations going on. So a thanks to @Chris for doing whatever he did to make this all happen.

Now for the actual good news, today I stumbled onto this video I hadn’t seen in forever & it reminded me how smokin hot Madonna was in her prime, she was cute in the 80s but she was over the top in the late 90s, she’s around 41 in this video and, well, just watch it & you tell me 😁

It’s funny watching all the new little Madonnas in the business now, she really did so much for the industry. I wonder if even half of them know how much they owe to her.

And Mike Meyers is a genius

Hey, just so you know, if you voted for Hilary in 2016, Madonna owes you a blowjob.

Of course I'm not sure a blowjob from Madonna in her 60s would be the same :ROFLMAO:

• Sad
Reactions: DEValken
OK, here's my happy.

I retired from work 9 months ago with almost a years severance pay, spent the last 9 months quietly remodeling the house with the plan to sell it and move up to the family ranch. Where I'll spend my time wheeling my TJ, or shooting my M1A, 1950 Winchester model 94, or the Colt XSE. In between those activities, I'll visit friends, help my son run the ranch or restore his '72 Nova coupe, or take the quad and cruze our 200 acres, or just do nuthin, cuz I feel like it!
Congratulations @Modoc Guy. I'm kinda in the same boat you are, and it's a great boat to be in. I'm retired and have been leasing a ranch for the last 37 years to hunt and cruise around on in my Jeep, Rzr and Yamaha ATV. Now that I'm retired, I spend more time at the ranch.

Owen rode a bicycle for the first time today. While wearing fireman’s boots. I think he is enjoying it.
49708731643_4bf1013132_z.jpg

Owen rode a bicycle for the first time today. While wearing fireman’s boots. I think he is enjoying it.

Awesome. It brings back the memory of when my son first rode without training wheels. He turns 30 next month. On that particular day, there was still mounds of snow in the corner of the parking lot. He crashed into a snowbank, and I couldn't stop laughing.

Seeing as how Owen isn’t four yet, this is pretty good. Unlike his big brother, Owen wants to learn to ride. Last summer I pushed him around the yard on a 16” bike that he couldn’t reach the pedals on. This little 10” Phillips fills the bill for the little guy.

Thanks lowranger! Glad to here you're livin' the good life as well. I'd a stuck your message in ahead of my reply, but I don't know how to do that.
go to his message and hit the reply in the lower right corner, then type your response....just FYI.

Thanks lowranger! Glad to here you're livin' the good life as well. I'd a stuck your message in ahead of my reply, but I don't know how to do that.
Once you get 20 posts, you will be able to hit the "reply" and reply to my message. And you will be able to "PM" (receive and send private messages). You're almost there, keep posting. :)

View attachment 148901
Awesome picture! His smile says it all. I have a video of my wife teaching my oldest son how to ride a bike while I was away on work. The video shows her lining him up in our driveway and off he goes....straight into the back of our new minivan. He was fine but it broke the taillight lens. Good times!

I'm not real public about personal things but I'm happy to currently be cancer free! It's been a long two years involving surgery, rehab, and a year of treatments at MD Anderson in Houston, TX. It's situations like this that make you realize what is truly important in life. They say you should aways try to turn a negative into a positive and this is what I have learned from my journey, I have an amazing wife who helped me during my bad days. Our relationship is stronger than ever before. Having cancer forced me reevaluate my priorities and I'm truly grateful. Take care and enjoy those who are important to you, Kevin

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not real public about personal things but I'm happy to currently be cancer free! It's been a long two years involving surgery, rehab, and a year of treatments at MD Anderson in Houston, TX. It's situations like this that make you realize what is truly important in life. They say you should aways try to turn a negative into a positive and this is what I have learned from my journey. I have an amazing wife who helped me during my bad days. Our relationship is stronger than ever before. Having cancer forced me reevaluate my priorities and I'm truly grateful. Take care and enjoy those who are important to you, Kevin
The good news doesn't get any "gooder" than than that! :)(y)

I'm not real public about personal things but I'm happy to currently be cancer free! It's been a long two years involving surgery, rehab, and a year of treatments at MD Anderson in Houston, TX. It's situations like this that make you realize what is truly important in life. They say you should aways try to turn a negative into a positive and this is what I have learned from my journey. I have an amazing wife who helped me during my bad days. Our relationship is stronger than ever before. Having cancer forced me reevaluate my priorities and I'm truly grateful. Take care and enjoy those who are important to you, Kevin
Very well said, congratulations on your health.

I'm not real public about personal things but I'm happy to currently be cancer free! It's been a long two years involving surgery, rehab, and a year of treatments at MD Anderson in Houston, TX. It's situations like this that make you realize what is truly important in life. They say you should aways try to turn a negative into a positive and this is what I have learned from my journey, I have an amazing wife who helped me during my bad days. Our relationship is stronger than ever before. Having cancer forced me reevaluate my priorities and I'm truly grateful. Take care and enjoy those who are important to you, Kevin

Okay, you win the thread lol. @Chris, go ahead and shut it down.

That’s awesome man, I’m so glad for you. You’re so right about these things, they have a way of making your brain suddenly re-prioritize. My wife nearly died 5 years ago from a ruptured aorta after bringing our second child home, by some miracle it didn’t kill her immediately and emergency open heart surgery by a very talented doctor late on a Sunday night gave her a second chance. To this day she’s one of a few survivors with her condition and lives on to provide valuable research for docs in Houston and Cleveland. Plus she’s still here! It was a long road but I’ll be damned if the world didn’t look different after that.

Congrats on beating cancer, woo hoo!

I'm pretty sure you win this thread (y)

Now go hug your wife!

Reactions: KMG