The good news thread

Good news, we move to the our new home on Saturday, and I'm slowly collecting parts for my TJ that Blaine will be building :D
Is there any chance that you will list what you need so that we could all be keeping an eye out for you.... That will help us to know when to Jack the prices up. 😋

I’m swapping my Camaro from manual drums to power discs finally.

5E520E2F-B649-493B-84A0-BA0DA889675A.jpeg

I made a grown man cry today, and he's one of my best friends. A few years ago, after retiring from the military, my friend bought his dream motorcycle, a 1976 Honda CB 750. He planned to get it running and tool around the countryside.

Unfortunately, some unplanned health issues sidelined his dream. In a moment of anger, her decided to sell the bike "as is" at a fire sale price. Unbeknownst to my friend, I bought the bike using a straw buyer. I spent the winter doing a mechanical restoration. Today I returned the bike to my friend. As he walked up, I threw him the keys, and said thanks for letting me borrow your bike. I don't have a before picture, but this is how it looks today
View attachment 165870

When I first bought the bike, it looked like it was dropped in a mud puddle and put away wet.
Awesome story! Some seriously good news

• Love
Reactions: Rick Flair
View attachment 167928
Did a meat run in the DeSoto today. Beautiful day for a drive on the back roads of Illannoy. Burned a half tank of gas through the old broad but her generator packed it in about 15 miles from home.
That thing is beautiful. Just absolutely gorgeous, @Cheesy. I could look at pics of her all day long!

Well pickup truck country here so guess an old new truck would be a lot cheaper than a bone stock $45,000 new one :ROFLMAO:
I've owned over 300 vehicles, with maybe 100 of those being regularly driven. Of them all, my old '90 Dodge diesel is by far my favorite. Looks like hell, goes forever. 420,000 miles, and counting. Trucks: what man was meant to drive. ;)

Reactions: zebra12 and jeepins
420,000.. wow! That is awesome. I've always been very fond of this series of Ford pickup. Just looks like truck to me without any riff raff. Straight-6 just like the ol' TJ and reliable as hell. I have to have a truck with all the crap I move around.

Reactions: Squatch
following 3 long months the last parts of Pennsylvania that were under lockdown finally opened up this weekend & we wasted no time, it was a ridiculously beautiful weekend weather-wise so on Saturday we headed to one of our favorite restaurants & sat outside for some drinks & good food that didn't spend any time in a bag with a receipt taped to it :LOL:

the town was bustling, every single table at every single restaurant was PACKED; there are ongoing restrictions, they're limited to outdoor dining & the tables are more spread out than normal but that's fine, we only dine outdoors anyway from spring to fall. Our town passed an additional measure to shut down the main drag to auto traffic thus allowing the bars & restaurants to spread their tables out all over the place, that part hadn't started as of this past weekend as they're ironing out some bugs but that will promise to make this an amazing summer season

an ice cold hefeweizen & some chardonnay to get started

IMG_5058.PNG

Greek style chtapódi

June 6, 2020 Day One Reopen 6.JPG

after a few hours there we strolled down to this little nook, a little gelato joint in an alley for some cookies & cream

June 6, 2020 Day One Reopen 8.JPG

Sunday was a repeat performance, we started out with a drive through the country in the TJ then parked her in town & back to a sunny outdoor table. It's hard to put into words how important these little things are & I'm so damn happy they're back

Garage beer frig fixed, Saturday night noticed freezer not as cold as it should be but had it packed to full and door was not fully closed. Fixed and closed door, Sunday still not frozen.

Sooo, pulled it out and started to poke around and look for obvious issues, cleaned the coils and took the cardboard back off to see what I could. Tried to spin the fan and found it bound up, was a small blue tail lizard stuck in the fan keeping it from spinning. Lizard not good but beer cold again and freezer ice cold. Always check to see if it is simple, never expected that but easy and all fixed.