Throwback Thursday Jeep Edition

IMG_0101.jpg
IMG_0100.jpg
What I consider to be my first jeep was my first car, a dookie brown 1980 AMC Eagle.
And my first actual Jeep was an 84 grand wagoneer, completely rusted out but fun to drive and cheap back in the 90's.
Ahh that classic 80's AMC style.

View attachment 42968 View attachment 42967 What I consider to be my first jeep was my first car, a dookie brown 1980 AMC Eagle.
And my first actual Jeep was an 84 grand wagoneer, completely rusted out but fun to drive and cheap back in the 90's.
Ahh that classic 80's AMC style.
I'd totally count the Eagle! Always thought those were cool. I'd still like an old Waggie for a DD.

Reactions: sgtjdgelinas
Tugging at my heart strings. My first Jeep was a ‘46 CJ2A. It was a mountain goat. I lived in NJ at the time and they were building I78 near my house. I would take her out on the construction area and have a blast climbing the dirt hills and freshly cut dirt road that became the free way. Thanks for sharing. I would post pictures but my ex wife probably burned them.
Fonz

Let’s see the first Jeep you owned, the one that started you down the Jeep rabbit hole.

Mine was a ‘92 YJ SE I purchased used in 1993. Barely making minimum wage I thought it would be a great idea to take on some debt! This picture was taken in the winter of 93/94 on a road trip with my then girlfriend (now wife) from Charleston, SC to Pittsburgh, PA. We stopped in Gettysburg on the way up and due to all the snow had the park pretty much to ourselves. Sure do miss my old YJ!

View attachment 42865

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Great picture. My sister has an 88 YJ she bought new and its still running

IMG_0792.JPG

First jeep was a 2010 JKU Sahara with rubi axles. Someone decided to use the back of my jeep to stop their car instead of the brakes when traffic slowed on the highway. I was down to about 30kph and they were doing 100-120kph when they hit.
190777c4d2e6851fbe3ded8ce0309439.jpg

ee175b24007b4368ab909a556ac7a9b4.jpg

The body shop came back and said I need a new frame and a new tub... I got a chque.

I then found my LJ for sale and used the money from the jk to buy and build it.

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.

Reactions: Kathy and Bogman
First jeep was a 2010 JKU Sahara with rubi axles. Someone decided to use the back of my jeep to stop their car instead of the brakes when traffic slowed on the highway. I was down to about 30kph and they were doing 100-120kph when they hit.
View attachment 43079
View attachment 43080
The body shop came back and said I need a new frame and a new tub... I got a chque.

I then found my LJ for sale and used the money from the jk to buy and build it.

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.
Any after the wreck pix?

Reactions: Bogman
Ok, hopefully I'm posting this in the right thread. Although I didn't own it, this was the jeep that got me hooked. It is my sister's 1988 AMC Wrangler 2.5L (all stock). She still owns it. Had to replace the tranny and main seal this year, but otherwise its been fine. It is amazing it has survived in the land of rock salt in New York State. I have many fond memories of driving it on country roads in upstate NY.

IMG_0792.JPG

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Here is my first, 79 CJ-7, with a 304, and a 3spd manual. One of my biggest regrets was selling it. About a year after I sold it, it was on the front page of the Birmingham News. It was hit by a 7 time DUI offender and was totaled. Luckily the new owners were ok.

I had a 89 YJ, but I can't find a pic of it. It was ok, but did not compare to the CJ.

I've been wanting anothe jeep for a while, but having a camper, I needed a truck. About 6 months ago my wonderful wife started pointing out Jeeps, and hinting I should get another one. My son is 15, and she thought it would be good for us to tinker with. After looking for a coup,e of months, I found what I wanted about 3 weeks ago and bought a 2002 TJ, 4.0 manual with the Dana 44 in the rear. It's too clean, I don't thinks it's ever been off the pavement, but that will change.

View attachment 43567 View attachment 43576 View attachment 43567 Here is my first, 79 CJ-7, with a 304, and a 3spd manual. One of my biggest regrets was selling it. About a year after I sold it, it was on the front page of the Birmingham News. It was hit by a 7 time DUI offender and was totaled. Luckily the new owners were ok.

I had a 89 YJ, but I can't find a pic of it. It was ok, but did not compare to the CJ.

I've been wanting anothe jeep for a while, but having a camper, I needed a truck. About 6 months ago my wonderful wife started pointing out Jeeps, and hinting I should get another one. My son is 15, and she thought it would be good for us to tinker with. After looking for a coup,e of months, I found what I wanted about 3 weeks ago and bought a 2002 TJ, 4.0 manual with the Dana 44 in the rear. It's too clean, I don't thinks it's ever been off the pavement, but that will change.
I would trade my TJ for the right CJ. And that one there would qualify!

Reactions: Bogman