Tire Rack?

So I got an update today. They called me since I was a first time customer, I had to verify my phone number of which didn't make sense because they called me yesterday about the tire size discrepancy. Anyway they (someone else) confirmed they are going to put my Cooper stt pros 33s on the 15x8 wheel they are just waiting for the last wheel to show up should be there tomorrow. So that is good. I will be happy when they are in my hot little hands, but for now I have to go with everything is sorted out.

It is getting real. "I'm so excited, I must say!"
Good, they did you right, despite the manufacturers 8.5+ designated wheel width. That is hogwash to anyone who runs these things off-road.

Reactions: ac_
Good, they did you right, despite the manufacturers 8.5+ designated wheel width. That is hogwash to anyone who runs these things off-road.
We are our own breed haha! On my YJ I ran 33x12.5x15 BG MT's on 10inch American Racing wheels and never had an issue. This is really the first time I am running a wider tire on a narrow rim so I am solely going on the forums advice. That is why I wasn't too worried about them making me run a 10 if it went there. I have done it before.

I mean think about it. a 10.5 tire on an 8 inch rim seems like it would be the same if I run a 12.5 on a 10. I realize the space between is 2 inches wider, but so is the tire. Anyhoo I am hoping it will balance out good on a narrow rim. I am also hoping that all of the tires that tire rack sells will be balanced good since that is all they do and there default balance is a road force. I was reading up on that and that is pretty slick. Hopefully their techs are trained up on it. I have a good feeling about this.

Reactions: Squatch
We are our own breed haha! On my YJ I ran 33x12.5x15 BG MT's on 10inch American Racing wheels and never had an issue. This is really the first time I am running a wider tire on a narrow rim so I am solely going on the forums advice. That is why I wasn't too worried about them making me run a 10 if it went there. I have done it before.

I mean think about it. a 10.5 tire on an 8 inch rim seems like it would be the same if I run a 12.5 on a 10. I realize the space between is 2 inches wider, but so is the tire. Anyhoo I am hoping it will balance out good on a narrow rim. I am also hoping that all of the tires that tire rack sells will be balanced good since that is all they do and there default balance is a road force. I was reading up on that and that is pretty slick. Hopefully their techs are trained up on it. I have a good feeling about this.
I think the road force balancing is the way to go, although I think it guarantees balance only up to 40 mph. I've had them balance poorly and well on road force. I think its the tech and the tire. If the tier has some deformations or if the tech is a moron, it won't work, trying to figure out which is more plausible is hard. I hope yours balance out perfect, and my bet is they will!

I think the road force balancing is the way to go, although I think it guarantees balance only up to 40 mph. I've had them balance poorly and well on road force. I think its the tech and the tire. If the tier has some deformations or if the tech is a moron, it won't work, trying to figure out which is more plausible is hard. I hope yours balance out perfect, and my bet is they will!
That is shitty why would they only balance to 40 usually they will run smooth up to 40 you really need them higher? WTF?Way to stress me out dude! haha

That is shitty why would they only balance to 40 usually they will run smooth up to 40 you really need them higher? WTF?Way to stress me out dude! haha
Just because the machine doesn't rotate the tires past 40mph, which is when the centrifugal force gets going enough to really show tire imperfections. Ideally you'd want a road force balance that would go up to 75mph, but at least 50mph would be better.

I wouldn't worry, you're getting new tires.

But IF you do have problems, it's probably a tire. Have them exchange it

Just because the machine doesn't rotate the tires past 40mph, which is when the centrifugal force gets going enough to really show tire imperfections. Ideally you'd want a road force balance that would go up to 75mph, but at least 50mph would be better.

I wouldn't worry, you're getting new tires.

But IF you do have problems, it's probably a tire. Have them exchange it
My hope is if it has a tire problem the pros there balancing the would find it and fix it the first time. They are the pros right?

Reactions: JMT and Squatch
Update:

Looks like they were able to put the 33x12.5's on the 15x8 wheel, because I just got a text saying that they just shipped it, and they will be here tomorrow.

Update:

Looks like they were able to put the 33x12.5's on the 15x8 wheel, because I just got a text saying that they just shipped it, and they will be here tomorrow.
Sweet! Just put mine on
20180726_075654.jpg

Update:

Oh yeah buddy! Gonna be nice! I’m pumped to see those nu shooz!

It's tomorrow.....Did you get them yet?

Haha thanks for checking in on me. The tracking says it was supposed to be here at 10:30AM and no further updates and they are not here yet, but the general fine print says that in a residential delivery it could be as late as 9:00PM.

It is like waiting for the cable guy to show up. I took a work from home day for them because I have to sign so they better show up today or I may have to quit my job haha. They hate wfh days.

OK so here is an update.

They were supposed to be delivered at 10:30 AM this morning. I haven't heard anything from the company no updates so I decided to call. before 5 and they fucking lost them all 5 of them.

They don't know where they are and said they cannot be delivered for sure before Monday now. So that really efs me since I took today off to get them.

Seriously considering canceling them. Shit I have the worst luck with fucking tires. I tell you what!

OK so here is an update.

They were supposed to be delivered at 10:30 AM this morning. I haven't heard anything from the company no updates so I decided to call. before 5 and they fucking lost them all 5 of them.

They don't know where they are and said they cannot be delivered for sure before Monday now. So that really efs me since I took today off to get them.

Seriously considering canceling them. Shit I have the worst luck with fucking tires. I tell you what!
That absolutely sucks...:(

WTF? right? I think if I don't hear anything by tomorrow noon I am going to cancel them, and get them local. Even saving tax and shipping is not worth saving time. I mean I will pay tax for convenience, and this is seriously inconvenient. Somebody has to be home and their window now is anytime next week. That is way too broad and my work is not going to go for that. They had one job!

I found an autoshop that also does tires, so if I don't hear anything by noon tomorrow, I will just cancel the order and get my wheels done locally at the shop before work one day this week. Probably won't get the road force balance but from what @JMT says it doesn't seem like it is that big of a deal anyway.

Holy cow.

WTF? right? I think if I don't hear anything by tomorrow noon I am going to cancel them, and get them local. Even saving tax and shipping is not worth saving time. I mean I will pay tax for convenience, and this is seriously inconvenient. Somebody has to be home and their window now is anytime next week. That is way too broad and my work is not going to go for that. They had one job!

I found an autoshop that also does tires, so if I don't hear anything by noon tomorrow, I will just cancel the order and get my wheels done locally at the shop before work one day this week. Probably won't get the road force balance but from what @JMT says it doesn't seem like it is that big of a deal anyway.

Holy cow.
Tell them "You lost my order? No, you just lost my business!" Then cancel the order.

Tell them "You lost my order? No, you just lost my business!" Then cancel the order.
So Yeah I am not impressed with the shipping company. They are like well nothing we can do sorry. I feel like they could look for it and personally find someone to deliver it? As it is now they are like well you will get them when we find them and we will deliver them when we deliver them.

They told me if they find that they are in phoenix that I can go pick them up but they will not deliver them on saturday or they will be delivered sometime next week and someone has to be home, but we cannot tell you when. Oh and they won't give me the address for me to plan in case that happens so I have no idea where in Phoenix unless they find them there. There service absolutely sucks!

So..

The tire store closes tomorrow at noon. If I don't hear anything from the shipping company by 10:30AM tomorrow. I am going to call Tire Rack and cancel the order. I can't be here just whenever next week, and this mail order just got really inconvenient. I will take my chances with yet another tire store locally. Like I said earlier, I found a shop that also does tires, so it is more of a career for someone rather than just a different job that is not fast food for some kid. Plus Shops don't like comebacks where Discount Tire doesn't seem to care about comebacks.

Anyway that is plan B I will keep you posted.

Reactions: Starrs