Tire Rack?

Ok, well, that stinks, but I’m really hoping they come through for you. How can someone lose 5 tires and wheels? They are kinda big and heavy. Oh well, I am really pulling for you here. Sucks they messed up your work schedule. They should pay for your day of work. That’s the way I think it should be. People have no respect. There was a thread on here once about appointments and keeping appointments. I for one can’t stand it when people don’t keep appointments or are late. I always strive to be there 5 minutes early. It’s respect for people and when they don’t it shows on their character and it’s a major flaw in my opinion. Do what you say you are going to do people, or make it right, really make it right, which means giving @ac_ a refund in the realm of $350

Reactions: KCsTJ and ac_
Ok, well, that stinks, but I’m really hoping they come through for you. How can someone lose 5 tires and wheels? They are kinda big and heavy. Oh well, I am really pulling for you here. Sucks they messed up your work schedule. They should pay for your day of work. That’s the way I think it should be. People have no respect. There was a thread on here once about appointments and keeping appointments. I for one can’t stand it when people don’t keep appointments or are late. I always strive to be there 5 minutes early. It’s respect for people and when they don’t it shows on their character and it’s a major flaw in my opinion. Do what you say you are going to do people, or make it right, really make it right, which means giving @ac_ a refund in the realm of $350

I like that idea, what really makes me angry about it is the "appointment" was supposed to be no later than 10:30AM, and they didn't even contact me. I contacted them at 4PM. I mean how long was this going to go on, before they told me they lost my shit. They don't really care. Although they might if more people cancel their "Tire Rack" orders for their shitty shipping service. Seriously, if I fuck up at work, I stay till it is fixed, or we have some kind of compromise worked out. I don't even care about the refund, I would just like someone to deliver it to my house tomorrow if they find them, they wouldn't even do that. Any how, if they do find them they said I could pick them up in Phoenix. so it is free delivery if I go pick them up haha.

Although that is inconvenient for me, I am hoping that works out that way, because I just want to have me new wheels and tires, but if they can't find them I cant take anymore time off of work, I will have to cancel and find someone else that can make their "appointments" Haha, At least locally I can find one that is open before I have to be at work. Or I can pick them up locally from the the shop before work.

Sometimes mistakes happen, I get it, but make some arrangements to make it right.

"I'm just trying to get these shoes back to my house so I can wear them." --Ebay store customer

I like that idea, what really makes me angry about it is the "appointment" was supposed to be no later than 10:30AM, and they didn't even contact me. I contacted them at 4PM. I mean how long was this going to go on, before they told me they lost my shit. They don't really care. Although they might if more people cancel their "Tire Rack" orders for their shitty shipping service. Seriously, if I fuck up at work, I stay till it is fixed, or we have some kind of compromise worked out. I don't even care about the refund, I would just like someone to deliver it to my house tomorrow if they find them, they wouldn't even do that. Any how, if they do find them they said I could pick them up in Phoenix. so it is free delivery if I go pick them up haha.

Although that is inconvenient for me, I am hoping that works out that way, because I just want to have me new wheels and tires, but if they can't find them I cant take anymore time off of work, I will have to cancel and find someone else that can make their "appointments" Haha, At least locally I can find one that is open before I have to be at work. Or I can pick them up locally from the the shop before work.

Sometimes mistakes happen, I get it, but make some arrangements to make it right.

"I'm just trying to get these shoes back to my house so I can wear them." --Ebay store customer
Yeah, I understand. A call before 10:30am should have taken place. That’s wrong for so many reasons. That kind of business ethic won’t bode well for them. I’d call upper management and harp on the “no notification” thing, but that’s just me

Reactions: ac_
Yikes...Have you called Tire Rack? I'm sure its an independent LTL shipping company and once they pick up from the warehouse, Tire Rack assumes that the LTL company is competent. Call Tire Rack and bitch at them...They have contracts with the shippers and will have a bigger chain to pull, so to speak, vs the guy at the end of the line.

We run into this ALL the time at work. We contract with FedEx for most of our shipping, but those items that have to go freight are a giant pain in the ass. We promise dates (that the shipping companies give us) and then the assholes won't even pick it up. My shipping dept leaves around 430 and the freight co all pick up later than that. So when they don't pick up, we don't find out about it until the next morning. That sets off a shitstorm, as we're very particular about our delivery numbers...(99.8% OTD or greater).

So I called Tire Rack and they said that the shipping company is trying hard, but this happens a lot. I called the shipping company and they still don't know where my tires are. So Tire Rack said there is nothing they can do they can't cancel the order because they don't have the tires anymore. Although yesterday when I called they said there is no problem cancelling the order, so I guess it matters who answers the phone. I would think there would be a policy around it if this happens a lot.

Anyways they said just refuse the packages from the shippers and they will send it back, which wont be an issue since I am not going to be home anyway and there is a mandatory signature necessary, if and when they find them so basically I won't get a refund till they get the tires back. This whole thing seems shady, and I would steer clear of this mess if I was anybody else considering it. I am out 1700 bucks till the shipping facility finds my order. It really has been nothing, but inconvenience all of the way around. It is probably better to buy tires locally anyway in case there is a problem you can take them back to where you get them.

Now back to square one and 1700 dollars in the hole for who knows how long. Where to find tires with a reputable shop?

Luckily, it is on a credit card so if worse comes to worse I can explain that I never received what I paid for and can get my money credited back at some point hopefully without interest charges.

Sorry to hear this. I hope it works its way out somehow. They definitely should give you a discount to make things right.

I have to say, this is surprising to me because I have dealt with TR several times and they have always treated me well. All wheel and tire packages I have received have been in perfect condition and perfectly balanced. They even threw in free black lugs one time for me when I showed disappointment when my stock lug caps wouldn't fit over the chrome ones they sent with some black rims. I'd be polite and calm, yet firm and very persistent. I'm sure they will do something for you. Politely let them know that you frequent car forums and won't be shy to tell you experience to others if they don't make things right.

Sorry to hear this. I hope it works its way out somehow. They definitely should give you a discount to make things right.

I have to say, this is surprising to me because I have dealt with TR several times and they have always treated me well. All wheel and tire packages I have received have been in perfect condition and perfectly balanced. They even threw in free black lugs one time for me when I showed disappointment when my stock lug caps wouldn't fit over the chrome ones they sent with some black rims. I'd be polite and calm, yet firm and very persistent. I'm sure they will do something for you. Politely let them know that you frequent car forums and won't be shy to tell you experience to others if they don't make things right.

Yeah I haven't lost my cool, I just cancelled my order. There was nothing they could do to make it right. It wasn't there fault really other than picking a crappy shipping company. It is really the shipping company that is hard to deal with. Their own policies are what is making it difficult. I ended up cancelling my order. We will see how much I have to fight to get the refund and how long it takes at this point. I am now looking for a quality shop that can do this.

It seems that the Cooper tires are not that popular in this neck of the woods. Nobody stocks them, so they are a week out in any direction. I have gone to two tire shops this morning, and they told me that they have road force balance machines, but do not recommend having that done at their respective shops because nobody knows how to do it. So it is looking like that is out.

Work gets in the way of all of my fun.

Yeah I haven't lost my cool, I just cancelled my order. There was nothing they could do to make it right. It wasn't there fault really other than picking a crappy shipping company. It is really the shipping company that is hard to deal with. Their own policies are what is making it difficult. I ended up cancelling my order. We will see how much I have to fight to get the refund and how long it takes at this point. I am now looking for a quality shop that can do this.

It seems that the Cooper tires are not that popular in this neck of the woods. Nobody stocks them, so they are a week out in any direction. I have gone to two tire shops this morning, and they told me that they have road force balance machines, but do not recommend having that done at their respective shops because nobody knows how to do it. So it is looking like that is out.

Work gets in the way of all of my fun.
They have the road force machines but don’t know how to use them. What MORONS! Reading your thread just adds to my already full day of frustration. I just want to rip someone’s head off, though I’m controlling myself right now and would simply use the guillotine. TR seems to have handled it well by refunding your money. But who knows when you will get it. Stupid freight handlers. Someone probably stole them.

My ordeal was a return of $45 worth of products. I paid $30 in cash (out of my Jeep fund) and wanted my refund of $30 in cash, rest on the card. “We can’t do that. Our boss said we can’t do that on purchases over $20.” So I said, “can you give me $20?” “No, total purchase has to be under $20.” “Well, I want to complain to Kyle, the owner. This is bull.” “You’ll have to call him.” “Fine! Give me the number!” So she runs the card.

I call him from the lot. He’s very apologetic and says “I’ll call them and tell them to give you the cash.” Yeah, I’ve only been a loyal customer for 15 years!

Get inside, stand in line, finally get up there and she says, “I got the message but we can’t because we already did the transaction.” So i wad up the receipt and walk out to text the owner. He responds, “I’m sorry, this will never happen again.” I guess they’ll be having a meeting soon. :D. We wasted 25 min and I had three hungry kids in the car.

I’m sick of these sorry business practices. I won’t be going back there for 6 months, I can guarantee them that! The only thing that talks is money. Learn that if you haven’t already. All I want to do now is go drink some beer and look at my Jeep.

They have the road force machines but don’t know how to use them. What MORONS! Reading your thread just adds to my already full day of frustration. I just want to rip someone’s head off, though I’m controlling myself right now and would simply use the guillotine. TR seems to have handled it well by refunding your money. But who knows when you will get it. Stupid freight handlers. Someone probably stole them.

My ordeal was a return of $45 worth of products. I paid $30 in cash (out of my Jeep fund) and wanted my refund of $30 in cash, rest on the card. “We can’t do that. Our boss said we can’t do that on purchases over $20.” So I said, “can you give me $20?” “No, total purchase has to be under $20.” “Well, I want to complain to Kyle, the owner. This is bull.” “You’ll have to call him.” “Fine! Give me the number!” So she runs the card.

I call him from the lot. He’s very apologetic and says “I’ll call them and tell them to give you the cash.” Yeah, I’ve only been a loyal customer for 15 years!

Get inside, stand in line, finally get up there and she says, “I got the message but we can’t because we already did the transaction.” So i wad up the receipt and walk out to text the owner. He responds, “I’m sorry, this will never happen again.” I guess they’ll be having a meeting soon. :D. We wasted 25 min and I had three hungry kids in the car.

I’m sick of these sorry business practices. I won’t be going back there for 6 months, I can guarantee them that! The only thing that talks is money. Learn that if you haven’t already. All I want to do now is go drink some beer and look at my Jeep.

MADCAP:

Well, hows this for some beat you down action.

I have been running around trying to find new tires, and a good company to go with. I haven't found anything, but it is 116 degrees and humid as hell so I come home and sit my fat ass in front of the TV, and start my plan of attack. Been talking with the girlfriend, and we were trying to get creative with rebates coming up.

No mind you I called Tire Rack this morning and cancelled my order, and I called the shipping company and told them if they find the tires to just send them back because I cancelled my order.

At the end of the day this happened.

IMG-0392.JPG

So I imagine that Tire Rack called the shipping company and gave them an ass chewing like you wouldn't believe!!

They showed up in the bottom of a pile in the back of the truck. They had to unload half of the truck in my driveway to get the tires out. I totally didn't expect this. I would say that Tire Rack hooked me up.

I am not sure what that phone call was like, but it sure ended in my favor! They probably won't be losing tires anymore or I hope not for their sake!

MADCAP:

I have been running around trying to find new tires, and a good company to go with. I haven't found anything, but it is 116 degrees and humid as hell so I come home and sit my fat ass in front of the TV, and start my plan of attack. Been talking with the girlfriend, and we were trying to get creative with rebates coming up.

No mind you I called Tire Rack this morning and cancelled my order, and I called the shipping company and told them if they find the tires to just send them back because I cancelled my order.

View attachment 49111

So I imagine that Tire Rack called the shipping company and gave them an ass chewing like you wouldn't believe!!

They showed up in the bottom of a pile in the back of the truck. They had to unload half of the truck in my driveway to get the tires out. I totally didn't expect this. I would say that Tire Rack hooked me up.

I am not sure what that phone call was like, but it sure ended in my favor! They probably won't be losing tires anymore or I hope not for their sake!
Get out there and get them on!!!!! Its under 100 right now

I am still waiting for some other parts to show up for the lift, but that is the plan. I am going to get after it tonight.

I know the feeling.
Currently on order.
1.25" body lift
1" mml
Inner shift boot. Mine is missing ( damn PO)
Speedometer gear
Crown HD steering. ( too broke for curre)

Reactions: JMT and ac_
I know the feeling.
Currently on order.
1.25" body lift
1" mml
Inner shift boot. Mine is missing ( damn PO)
Speedometer gear
Crown HD steering. ( too broke for curre)

Oh right that reminds me, I need to order my speedo gear.
I am waiting for my rear sway bar ends.
I am waiting for the temps to go down, and it get a little more peaceful outside.

By the way, did you go make it wheeling today? How did it go? Gears still good? New tires go good?

Oh right that reminds me, I need to order my speedo gear.
I am waiting for my rear sway bar ends.
I am waiting for the temps to go down, and it get a little more peaceful outside.

By the way, did you go make it wheeling today? How did it go? Gears still good? New tires go good?

I didn't make it wheeling. The steering is feeling "OFF". I have a lot of slop in the wheel. The larger tires made it much worse. When I inspected the steering links they were sloppy. So i will wait for the new set to come in.
The gears feel great. 75MPH @ 2750 RPM in 5th with plenty of power left. I don't need to go over 75. Can't ask for anything better than that. The balance on the tires are good for now. I might play with air pressure over the next few weeks.
I keep hearing the cooper stt are a little loud and with the soft top on and radio off you can hear them good. But i just turned on thd radio and the sound went away. (Cheap fix)

Reactions: ac_ and JMT
MADCAP:

View attachment 49111

WOOHOO!

MADCAP:

View attachment 49111

This can only get better if they still grant you the refund!!! :D

Haha, That would be cool, but I would fix the gliche if that happened. I am glad they pulled up their bootstraps and fixed this. I had no idea.
Yeah, it's fun to think about keeping the dough, though! LOL I bought a new car battery and some other stuff at Walmart many years ago, and I waited for the money to be taken out of my account. After like three months, I contacted Walmart, and asked what the deal was? Told 'em I have the receipt and everything. The gal looked it up, and they had zero record of my purchase. I told her I'd go back and straighten it out, but she said that they'd have no way to make it work, and to just enjoy my purchase with a clear conscience. So I did! :D