TJ Cabin Filter

There is always activated charcoal filters. They even have them impregnated with Febreze scents. The activated charcoal prevents mold and mildew. VW uses them as well as Chrysler. The smaller ones for the Cherokee may fit into the 03-06 cowl cover

Reactions: nathanotis
There is always activated charcoal filters. They even have them impregnated with Febreze scents. The activated charcoal prevents mold and mildew. VW uses them as well as Chrysler. The smaller ones for the Cherokee may fit into the 03-06 cowl cover
Doing *this* in the winter months. Dust filter doesn't help me much when the Jeep is wide open Spring thru Fall.

Reactions: Ephry73
Can’t you just turn the HVAC on recirculate to avoid dust from outside?

I know I still get crap in there every now and then. Not as bad as when it was just an open hole in the cowl(I retrofitted a cowl cover from a newer TJ on mine)

This would be nice for dust trails… the first time I cut on the heater in the winter I get reminded of all the fun I had by my jeep trying to blind me…

Anyone know if my 97 has one like the OP or the other?

I've been in some very dusty conditions and have never had a cloud of dust. Maybe the newer cowl design helps with that even though there is no actual filter?

I was tired of dealing with leaves stuck in the vents, so I found some rubber anti-slip mat for carpet sections, it is perforated so it will stop anything larger than maybe the diameter of about 1/8 inch. I took a caulk gun and gooped up a good amount of silicon around the edge of the opening and pressed in the precut section of rubber mat into it, has been that way for several years, works great and no soaked paper element to deal with.

Reactions: RMETeeJay