Utah TJ Fest 2021 - Adventure Route into Moab

toximus

I live in my Jeep
Supporting Member
Who would be up for taking the Rimrocker trail into Moab for TJ Fest 2021?

It looks like the trail will add 5-6 hours to the overall drive compared to taking the highway the entire way.

(Full details will go here as this event gets closer.)

2020-07-10_15-51-14.png

It looks like it could be a fun little jaunt to start out the week in Moab!

https://www.trailsoffroad.com/trails/1843-rimrocker (See attached PDF with full article.)

The Rimrocker Trail is a route of connected trails that allows you to enjoy 160 miles of off-pavement travel while experiencing the many different stunning landscapes that connect Montrose, Colorado to Moab, Utah. The trail is an especially vibrant destination to travel through the aspens during their fall color changes as well as stopping for the fantastic views at the overlooks. Towards the west end of the trail, the Manti-La Sal National Forest provides beautiful scenery and wildlife as well as gorgeous views of the La Sal Mountains. As you approach Moab, the landscape quickly turns from forest into desert as it transitions to some shelf roads built of the signature Moab red sand.

Attachments

• Trails Offroad - Rimrocker.pdf
    6.3 MB · Views: 613
Last edited:
Depending on how things fall into place, I could see either eastern caravans and Denver guys meeting up and doing this leg of the journey as a caravan on the way to TJ Fest or if everyone is traveling separately it could be a fun section to do solo. Let me know if there's interest in a caravan and we can figure out a time (or maybe setup a few meeting times/days, depending)!

It doesn't look like there's much beyond gravel road driving and a few small rocks to drive over but it could be a fun way to start the week!

This looks pretty mild, but I’m thinking about it for this fall. I bet the spring is even better, I’d likely join for a caravan for TJ fest.

Looks awesome and I'll be stopping over in Denver. Only issue is trying to convince my wife to drive the F150 with trailer through the Rockies to Moab while I run the trail.

Reactions: Apparition
Looks awesome and I'll be stopping over in Denver. Only issue is trying to convince my wife to drive the F150 with trailer through the Rockies to Moab while I run the trail.
same issue........ no way she'll take the hauler around by herself. i do wanna check out Grand Junction though. if the property were not so dam expensive i'd like to find a place out there.

Reactions: Apparition
Actually I'm interested in doing this, I'll be coming from VA and by the time I hit Denver I'm sure I'll be sick of highways! I still haven't figured out the route I'm taking yet either.

Reactions: rasband
The map at the top isn't showing the Rimrocker trail.
Right?
Right, rimrocker starts just south of
Montrose and heads directly toward Moab just rolling north/south a bit on the way, and you’d end up in the south side of Moab at the end.

After watching the video
This may fit in here, was in my feed. Haven’t watched it yet.

After watching the video, unless the creeks are higher due to snow melt it looks like you could pull a trailer through it, with a 4X4 truck. Looks like you would need a 8 to 10 inch axle clearance on the trailer. It appears a little tight towards the end but not impassable. If the video is showing all of the obstacles......I would hate to get 100 miles in however, and find out differently..LOL He does say at the end of the vid, it could be done. ???? IDK