Utah TJ Fest 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone did camp during the last TJ fest and have some suggestions?
We didn't, but I have camped around moab before. There's a large number of nice spots along the Colorado River heading into town, but they are first-come-first-served. That said, going in mid-day Friday last TJ Fest there were at least a few open. Otherwise up toward Shaffer/Potash there were more (those are popular among rock climbers).

We didn't, but I have camped around moab before. There's a large number of nice spots along the Colorado River heading into town, but they are first-come-first-served. That said, going in mid-day Friday last TJ Fest there were at least a few open. Otherwise up toward Shaffer/Potash there were more (those are popular among rock climbers).
Thanks for the info!

Reactions: rasband
This is what I'll be planning to do as well. Sat-Sun traveling out & back, Mon-Fri in Moab in between.
It works for us, travel sat/sun both ways. Experience Moab during the week (less crowded).

Who is up for a night run? Maybe a trail that is fairly close to town that can be safely done in the dark or at least partly. @LONGJP2

It works for us, travel sat/sun both ways. Experience Moab during the week (less crowded).

Who is up for a night run? Maybe a trail that is fairly close to town that can be safely done in the dark or at least partly. @LONGJP2
Night Wheeling??
Did someone said Night Wheeling?
I’m in for that!

I’m truly tempted to make this trip. My boys will want to go in their TJ.

I’m truly tempted to make this trip. My boys will want to go in their TJ.
200.gif

So 4/23-4/30 a solid dates?

Needs to start planning for this as I do have 30+ hrs of drive to get there.
A few of us have rented places for that week already, good enough for us.

If you haven't already read it, I encourage you to check out the tj-fest website. It's not a typical event, with vendors or oversight and such. Not a stuctured sign-up sheet or central meeting location kind of thing. More laid back, flexible deal. informal approach, see if any of the groups are doing something you want to do, reach out and meet up with them that morning or mention you want to run a trail and see who else does.

Keep up with rr4w website for trail recondmendations. Good suggestions on tire size, lockers and such for different trails.

Status
Not open for further replies.