Utah TJ Fest 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucky!

gosh-lucky.jpg

Reactions: tworley
I was going to start a new thread on this but figured it'd get more traction here.

I know all you guys are prepping and or leaving for Moab 2022 and I am bummed I won't be able to partake this year. Instead, I am looking forward to 2023 and looking to book a condo. I like @rasband's idea of keeping this event as consistent as possible so I figured I'd discuss it with you guys before booking any dates. (It'd be a bummer to be a week off)

I’d vote keep it consistent, last week of April annually (unless it crosses with EJS, no thank you there). So 4/23-4/30.

The last week of April starts on Sunday the 30th and goes to May 6th. Without being able to find solid dates on other events that happen during this time I think it would be safe to assume the 29-30th would be the weekend of the car show and sometime during that week would be the bronco fest. Bronco fest typically doesn't bring in a big crowd like EJS and the number of broncos I see on the trail is still lower than jeeps. (2021 was during bronco week) In the past when I've gone, 2019 and 2021, the last WEEKEND of April has always been a solid date range.

So, my question to the people who want to regularly attend is; Does 4-29-2023 to 5-6-2023 sound good for Moab 2023?

The other goal of this post would be so we can nail down the last WEEKEND of April or the last FULL WEEK of April it'd make things a bit smoother in the future.

Personally, I'd vote for the last weekend given it's consistently been a slower week and the weather typically starts getting better closer to May and the dates for departure from EJS and arrival to TJfest could be on the same day making booking places more difficult.

Here's a link to the poll thread.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/moab-dates-poll.61584/

Looking forward to looking at all the photos you guys will be taking and am quite jealous I'm not loading the Jeep on the trailer and heading east today. HAVE FUN!!!!

More for Chris than anyone else.
@Chris it may be helpful to have a sticky on the Regional forum with future date's so others who can't make it to the current event can plan for the events happening a year or so into the future. If we follow @rasband's idea of keeping it consistently the last week it should be fairly easy to have a post with a date range 3+ years out or if we just make a statement like the last full week of April or last weekend in April it would be easy for people to plan future out and not need to wait for a new post for the next year to start.

If you're willing to it'd also be nice if TJ Fest or "Forum Events" had its own tab in the Regional section. That way people can quickly find threads about prior years or photos without having to dig through the subthread too much. food for thought.

Last edited:
I was going to start a new thread on this but figured it'd get more traction here.

I know all you guys are prepping and or leaving for Moab 2022 and I am bummed I won't be able to partake this year. Instead, I am looking forward to 2023 and looking to book a condo. I like @rasband's idea of keeping this event as consistent as possible so I figured I'd discuss it with you guys before booking any dates. (It'd be a bummer to be a week off)

The last week of April starts on Sunday the 30th and goes to May 6th. Without being able to find solid dates on other events that happen during this time I think it would be safe to assume the 29-30th would be the weekend of the car show and sometime during that week would be the bronco fest. Bronco fest typically doesn't bring in a big crowd like EJS and the number of broncos I see on the trail is still lower than jeeps. (2021 was during bronco week) In the past when I've gone, 2019 and 2021, the last WEEKEND of April has always been a solid date range.

So, my question to the people who want to regularly attend is; Does 4-29-2023 to 5-6-2023 sound good for Moab 2023?

The other goal of this post would be so we can nail down the last WEEKEND of April or the last FULL WEEK of April it'd make things a bit smoother in the future.

Personally, I'd vote for the last weekend given it's consistently been a slower week and the weather typically starts getting better closer to May.

(I was going to make a poll but for the life of me can't see how to do it anymore. If someone else does I can add the link to this thread.)

Looking forward to looking at all the photos you guys will be taking and am quite jealous I'm not loading the Jeep on the trailer and heading east today. HAVE FUN!!!!

More for Chris than anyone else.
@Chris it may be helpful to have a sticky on the Regional forum with future date's so others who can't make it to the current event can plan for the events happening a year or so into the future. If we follow @rasband's idea of keeping it consistently the last week it should be fairly easy to have a post with a date range 3+ years out or if we just make a statement like the last full week of April or last weekend in April it would be easy for people to plan future out and not need to wait for a new post for the next year to start.

If you're willing to it'd also be nice if TJ Fest or "Forum Events" had its own tab in the Regional section. That way people can quickly find threads about prior years or photos without having to dig through the subthread too much. food for thought.
I always thought the last WEEK of April, but don't have a strong preference.

Reactions: Alex01
If anyone wants a more budget friendly accommodation without tent camping, the Lazy Lizard has shared and private rooms at what seems to be the cheapest rate in town.

No trailers!

20220422_094108.jpg

I was just thinking this same thing last night as I too was unable to attend this year but want to go next year.

It would be awesome if we could have a forum calendar, any planned group outting where attendees are down for other forum members to show up be posted to a calendar.

Me being in Texas and always looking for people to hit some trails with would love to have a calendar to look at to see if there’s anything I am interrsted in joining. Would be cool to have the state and general location listed, then if interested click the event and see what members are planning to go or link to a thread for the outting

Reactions: Alex01 and lBasket
I always thought the last WEEK of April, but don't have a strong preference.
The only con to the last week I could think of is that the Saturday people arrive for TJ Fest could fall on the same date as when people from EJS are departing. Or if those people departed Sunday looking for rentals could be a bit more difficult.

Reactions: rasband
I was just thinking this same thing last night as I too was unable to attend this year but want to go next year.

It would be awesome if we could have a forum calendar, any planned group outting where attendees are down for other forum members to show up be posted to a calendar.

Me being in Texas and always looking for people to hit some trails with would love to have a calendar to look at to see if there’s anything I am interrsted in joining. Would be cool to have the state and general location listed, then if interested click the event and see what members are planning to go or link to a thread for the outting
We do have a calendar tab, on the header next to members, but it is the responsibility of those who make the event to add them to the calendar. For some reason, this trip didn't make it to the calendar. But, yes having the dates marked further out to the future would be really nice so we can get good deals on rentals.

https://wranglertjforum.com/calendar/

We do have a calendar tab, on the header next to members, but it is the responsibility of those who make the event to add them to the calendar. For some reason, this trip didn't make it to the calendar. But, yes having the dates marked further out to the future would be really nice so we can get good deals on rentals.

https://wranglertjforum.com/calendar/
Well damn, I’m not very observant..
Thanks for the enlightenment!

Edit:
@Alex01 well looked at the calendar page and don’t see anywhere to add or create an event, do you mind telling me something else that’s right in front of me?

Reactions: Alex01
Well damn, I’m not very observant..
Thanks for the enlightenment!

Edit:
@Alex01 well looked at the calendar page and don’t see anywhere to add or create an event, do you mind telling me something else that’s right in front of me?
You can do it after making a new thread.

1650644606343.png

1650644627777.png

Status
Not open for further replies.