Utah TJ Fest 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may seem a little strange to say, but the COVID pandemic was what allowed me to make the 2021 TJ Fest because my son was doing school remote and he was able to do all his school work from Moab. I will have to wait and see what next year's school year brings before I am able to make plans. I have no issue with pulling him out of school for a week, but that all depends on his grades, end of year testing, projects, etc.....

In the past year I have done more wheeling, kayaking, mt biking, and backpacking than I have ever done in past years AND I saved a bunch of money from not having to commute to work (worked remote from home office). All this while spending more time with my boys (especially the youngest since the eldest is in college). There has been a silver lining in all this and I hope others were able to make lemonade out of this lemon of a year as well. I had to return back to the office this week and even though I am happy that things are going back to normal and most of us are remaining healthy, I am also a little disappointed that "Covid" is coming to an end.
I'm with you there. My work is starting to phase everyone back to the office, but did give us the option to only come in two to three days per week. I am sticking with two days. Everything I do is on the phone or email so it really doesn't matter where I'm at, just need an internet connection.

I was planning to have my son work remotely when we went to TJFest, but the school went full in person at the beginning of April, which threw a wrench in my plans. I pulled him out of school for a couple of days anyways to make the trip happen and it was completely worth it.

I was planning to have my son work remotely when we went to TJFest, but the school went full in person at the beginning of April, which threw a wrench in my plans. I pulled him out of school for a couple of days anyways to make the trip happen and it was completely worth it.
My son is starting kindergarten next year and my wife is concerned about him missing the week - I still think it's okay and it's nice to read that it can work well. How old is your son?

I am also a little disappointed that "Covid" is coming to an end.
There never was a reason for some Covid based lockdown/quarantine to begin.

Glad you got that experience though. I work from home and homeschool 5 kids, so my experience is kinda like you described for the last 2 years. It is pretty nice.

My son is starting kindergarten next year and my wife is concerned about him missing the week - I still think it's okay and it's nice to read that it can work well. How old is your son?
He is 15. I wouldn’t hesitate to pull a kindergartner for a week. My son is in high school so I was worried about him having to catch up. Was a non issue, and I’m considering pulling him for the full week next year. He will be 16 and driving.

Reactions: rasband
He is 15. I wouldn’t hesitate to pull a kindergartner for a week. My son is in high school so I was worried about him having to catch up. Was a non issue, and I’m considering pulling him for the full week next year. He will be 16 and driving.
Hopefully that can help my better half :) I want to show him the dinosaur stuff in the area!

Reactions: Apparition
Divorce meant my daughter couldn’t attend, can’t pull her from school, but it did allow grandma to watch her and they both enjoyed their time together. Just an option for those that have to keep the kids in school.

When my boys were elementary age, we would pull them out of school for a week to go skiing. The teachers would give us all their work and we would have them do it during the trip. It is amazing how little they actually do in a day after you remove all the fluff that goes along with the school day. Other than the hour of day fussing with them to try and sit down and do their work when they thought they were on vacation and shouldn't have to do anything, it really was not an issue and they were both straight A students. When they got older, the boys didn't want to miss the days of school because if their grades were high enough and they had less than a certain number of absences they would be excused from Final Exams. So we quit pulling them out due to their request, not because we didn't think they would get behind or would suffer from missing the week. To me, a week long vacation with the family is education in itself and well worth it, I wouldn't pull them out of school to sit around the house for a week playing Xbox, but spending the week with family on an adventure is well worth it. Every kid/student is different so the same may not apply to all.

I will look into making it next year, I was in Moab about 4 years ago and would like to go back.

My problem is that UT is no longer allowing Californian's into the state. :mad: Since they are getting overwhelmed by Dem's leaving CA and moving to UT so that can go someplace else and fuck it up just as bad as they did to CA. Maybe if I get a notarized letter form an attorney stating I am only there as a tourist I can make the trip. :ROFLMAO: Wow I better check with AZ as I am going there in Sept.:eek:

I will look into making it next year, I was in Moab about 4 years ago and would like to go back.

My problem is that UT is no longer allowing Californian's into the state. :mad: Since they are getting overwhelmed by Dem's leaving CA and moving to UT so that can go someplace else and fuck it up just as bad as they did to CA. Maybe if I get a notarized letter form an attorney stating I am only there as a tourist I can make the trip. :ROFLMAO: Wow I better check with AZ as I am going there in Sept.:eek:
I know a guy
LOL

• Wow
Reactions: Plumber1
Status
Not open for further replies.