Track bar and tie rod: What hits, what doesn't?

What was the limit to up? The tire? If so, where did it hit? Is 14.5" the distance between shock mounts?
The limiting factor was the cup that holds the rubber piece that contacts the pad. Also, the ar is dangerously close to hitting the grill. Yes 14.5 is the space between where the shock would mount.

The limiting factor was the cup that holds the rubber piece that contacts the pad. Also, the ar is dangerously close to hitting the grill.
Does that mean there was room for a larger tire inside the wheel opening before it becomes the interference? How much droop on the other side?

I don't see any bumpstop extensions. Is your tie rod hitting the TB?
Tie rod has clearance. I haven't done the drivers side yet since my trackbar will hit the diff cover. Im still waiting for parts.

15470019479361823522608114446428.jpg

Does that mean there was room for a larger tire inside the wheel opening before it becomes the interference? How much droop on the other side?
Yes there is more room for tire. Other side has zero droop. If anything its an inch up since the spring is removed.

Yes there is more room for tire. Other side has zero droop. If anything its an inch up since the spring is removed.
Meaning the opposite side was at ride height? More or less?

What is your solution for the TB interference?
A new track bar with more clearance. :p

I ordered a metal cloak trackbar which should have more clearance then my rubicon express but I guess I'll find out next week.

Reactions: bobthetj03
Meaning the opposite side was at ride height?
I would say its a bit lower then ride hieght. As in less lift. Should i reinstall the spring on that side and attempt again?

I would say its a bit lower then ride hieght. As in less lift. Should i reinstall the spring on that side and attempt again?
That is making much more sense.

Get it flexing as far as it will go. Stuff one side. Hang the opposite.

Reactions: Alex01
You're wondering if that tire that is stuffed can angle in to the inner fender some more, aren't you?
Yes. :)

But for the greater good, full flex and full bump (everything up) with tires in place is what we should be looking at when cycling the axle. This will show what the bump stop extension ought to be. The compressed/extended shock lengths will also factor into this.

You got a 200lb. friend that can stand on the other end and droop it some more?
Tire weight will do it. The side getting stuffed should be lifted from the tire in order to replicate the leverage. The coils and eventually the bump stops are the fulcrum.

That is making much more sense.

Get it flexing as far as it will go. Stuff one side. Hang the opposite.
Ok its getting closer. That 3 inches more droop then last time but i still have 4 inches left that the drivers side can lower. Time to take off the tire to allow for more droop.

15470032620532503736580500256754.jpg