Been super busy with life and haven't gotten to touch the TJ in a few weeks. It is a rolling chassis now, which is nice. Still trying to decide on tire size. I can go with 37's and have no rubbing anywhere in any situation, or 40's and have light rubbing in extreme circumstances. I have been looking at other people's builds and sometimes 40's just look too big on a TJ. Even a stretched one.

So, I borrowed some 37" Baja claws for a mock up.
View attachment 364210

View attachment 364211

View attachment 364212

Aesthetically, I'm liking the way 37's fit .
Unfortunately, I don't know anytime with 40's to test fit.

From a purely visual perspective... Thoughts?

Killer.

Reactions: kmas0n and Wildman
Been super busy with life and haven't gotten to touch the TJ in a few weeks. It is a rolling chassis now, which is nice. Still trying to decide on tire size. I can go with 37's and have no rubbing anywhere in any situation, or 40's and have light rubbing in extreme circumstances. I have been looking at other people's builds and sometimes 40's just look too big on a TJ. Even a stretched one.

View attachment 364210

View attachment 364211

View attachment 364212

I’ll answer your question with a question. Are they truly one-tons if you’re not running forties?

I kid I kid, I know the JL axles are beefy but I don’t know if they hit that category or not. I agree that 40s would look out of place unless that thing was cut to high hell or an LJ. 37s look mint m8.

Reactions: kmas0n
I took the TJ out this morning to the Broken Arrow trail here in Sedona. Because the pink jeep tour company is closed we had this place to ourselves. I even drove UP the Devils staircase, something you normally cannot do because there will always be someone coming down it. Switched to 33x12.5R15s

View attachment 154630

View attachment 154631

View attachment 154632

View attachment 154633

View attachment 154634

View attachment 154635

View attachment 154636

View attachment 154637

View attachment 154638

View attachment 154639

Sorry, TJ snob here, this is a thing of beauty! :love:

View attachment 364210

View attachment 364211

View attachment 364212

I am loving your build, I got caught up with it. I hear what you're saying about 40s vs 37s. I've always seen that when you build for 37s, you are built for 40s with some more clearancing. With that said, I'm in agreement with most that the 37s just look right on there.

It seems like you could always go to 40s in the future without much trouble. My buddy with a stretched TJ on tons just did that, 37s to 40s. For him, the 37s just made the huge diffs hang on rocks to much to be annoying, so 40s are perfect for his build. Again, great work, looks awesome!!

I am loving your build, I got caught up with it. I hear what you're saying about 40s vs 37s. I've always seen that when you build for 37s, you are built for 40s with some more clearancing. With that said, I'm in agreement with most that the 37s just look right on there.

It seems like you could always go to 40s in the future without much trouble. My buddy with a stretched TJ on tons just did that, 37s to 40s. For him, the 37s just made the huge diffs hang on rocks to much to be annoying, so 40s are perfect for his build. Again, great work, looks awesome!!

Thanks! Yeah, just about everyone I've asked has said it looks perfect on 37's. The m220 rear with chromo shafts and ultimate 44 front can handle 40s in most situations and 37s no problem. I think I'll go back to what I was originally planning and order some 37s

Well, it’s always a sad day when we lose a potential 40’s brother to 37’s…

🙂

You know I’m just messin’ with ya. Rig looks great.

Well I tried. Stupid quadratec not giving me fodeez for the price of turtytrees

• Haha
Reactions: Wildman
Here is a pic

Screenshot_20221223-094451.png

Reactions: Rickyd and NskLJ