Well hello beautiful.

PXL_20220817_223329983.jpg

I don't mind cleaning them, maybe I'll ceramic coat the inner part. The bead lock is going to be mangled the first trip out.

Ceramic coating will not help. You will not know the difference. I have done many.
As have I. Ceramic coating is a durable wax. Nothing more. But its certainly better than nothing.

Well, another reason I went with 40's..

I was considering either 37" or 40" tall Nitto Trail grapplers, so I jumped on the Quadratec wholesale site (a perk of owning a business). Normally, tire markup is near zero. I usually order my tires through amazon at full retail. Its THAT bad.

however, when I jumped on the wholesale site the 40" Nitto Trail grapplers were listed at 278/each. Without hesitation I ordered 4. My card was charged and they are supposed to ship directly from Nitto in 2-4 weeks (2 weeks have passed at the time of this post)

I'm curious to see if they will actually show up, or will someone catch what's obviously a website error. I won't be heart broken if they cancel my order... but I will be ecstatic if they do show up! 30 Minutes after I ordered, quadratec fixed the website... so

we will see.

Well, another reason I went with 40's..

I was considering the 40" tall Nitto Trail grapplers, so I jumped on the Quadratec wholesale site (a perk of owning a business). Normally, tire markup is near zero. I usually order my tires through amazon at full retail. Its THAT bad.

however, when I jumped on the wholesale site the 40" Nitto Trail grapplers were listed at 278/each. Without hesitation I ordered 4. My card was charged and they are supposed to ship directly from Nitto in 2-4 weeks (2 weeks have passed for this post)

I'm curious to see if they will actually show up, or will someone catch what's obviously a website error. I won't be heart broken if they cancel my order... but I will be ecstatic if they show up! 30 Minutes after I ordered quadratec fixed the website... so

we will see.

Crazy deal but fingers crossed that you get the tires.

Jeep is coming along nicely.

Reactions: kmas0n
The bead lock wheels have enough backspacing that the tires will clear at full lock, full bump. At least they should. Until the 40's get here, I'm just taking measurements. But 37x12.50s clear no problem!
PXL_20220829_150018205.jpg

PXL_20220829_150030226.jpg

PXL_20220829_150110191.jpg

Reactions: kmas0n
Maybe it’s the angle of the picture. Any clearance issues with the coil spring in the up travel with the wheel turned?

Yup, see post 573.
With the 3.5" backspacing there will be room, but it's still close at the theoretical limits

Reactions: Wildman