Some have asked about the name.
So for the 3rd time, I've renamed the TJ, this time, for a theme amongst all of my jee... er vehicles.

TJ: Trail_Krawler (trail_crawler was taken damnit)
GPW: Trail_willys
Power Wagon: Trail_Wagon

If you care about such things, They are all on instagram.

So for the 3rd time, I've renamed the TJ, this time, for a theme amongst all of my jee... er vehicles.

This just sparked an idea for my build thread name. “Chasin trail” 😂

Do you have a thread for the GPW (or Instagram)? Would love to see if one exists.

Do you have a thread for the GPW (or Instagram)? Would love to see if one exists.

Trail_Willys is the insta account, but I have barely touched the little Jeep. Too much going on. Once the tj is a roller again I may push it out and spend some quality time with the gpw

So, its become obvious, that I'm going to need wheels with more backspacing. I've always intended on bead locks anyways so i ordered up some KMC grenade crawl wheels... in the machined finish.

View attachment 350734

I've loved the look of these wheels since the first time I saw them!

/drool (y)

When I ever upgrade my axles, I like the 8x6.5 bolt pattern. So many options and the trucks I am looking at to tow my Jeep would have the same bolt pattern.

Reactions: Mike_H and kmas0n
That's a good question lol. Maybe 38's. Maybe whatever is available

Does anyone have any experience with the Maxxis Razr MT?

That’s what I run. I’ve chunked up the sidewalls a bit, and that has me worried about the strength if the sidewall. That said, I beat on them and have never had one fail.

I got them to replace my Krawlers, which were discontinued. I’ve been happy. Decent ride on the street too.

Reactions: kmas0n
Kool video. I am sure you have run the calculations for anti-squat, anti-dive, roll center, rear steer and pinion angle change. Could you share that data with us? 4_link_suspension.htm

I can probably take some measurements. I used to use the calculators but over time, grew away from them. Let me see what I can do.

I can probably take some measurements. I used to use the calculators but over time, grew away from them. Let me see what I can do.

We all know that suspension design is a compromise, but it is always interesting to see the math, understand the compromises and how they work out in real life experience. Nice work, Thanks

Best part of outboard is that it allows you to run higher quality shocks!

Mmmmmm….. outboards……..

4047D081-DD65-48EC-BB1C-0196968495FD.jpeg

8FBCDEE8-4930-40AD-A662-8A8E387C8957.jpeg

Been super busy with life and haven't gotten to touch the TJ in a few weeks. It is a rolling chassis now, which is nice. Still trying to decide on tire size. I can go with 37's and have no rubbing anywhere in any situation, or 40's and have light rubbing in extreme circumstances. I have been looking at other people's builds and sometimes 40's just look too big on a TJ. Even a stretched one.

So, I borrowed some 37" Baja claws for a mock up.
PXL_20221003_142500425.jpg

PXL_20221003_142506745.jpg

PXL_20221003_142514115.jpg

Aesthetically, I'm liking the way 37's fit .
Unfortunately, I don't know anyone with 40's to test fit.

From a purely visual perspective... Thoughts?

Last edited:
Been super busy with life and haven't gotten to touch the TJ in a few weeks. It is a rolling chassis now, which is nice. Still trying to decide on tire size. I can go with 37's and have no rubbing anywhere in any situation, or 40's and have light rubbing in extreme circumstances. I have been looking at other people's builds and sometimes 40's just look too big on a TJ. Even a stretched one.

So, I borrowed some 37" Baja claws for a mock up.
View attachment 364210

View attachment 364211

View attachment 364212

Aesthetically, I'm liking the way 37's fit .
Unfortunately, I don't know anytime with 40's to test fit.

From a purely visual perspective... Thoughts?

37's look right to me. If it was an LJ I think 40's would look right.