Well until I get my swr meter and route the coax to the other side, here's the the new 2' firestik and mount
20200228_172533.jpg

Do you have an SWR or do you want to borrow one?

I have the same mount and haven’t routed my HAM yet. The antenna is sitting there but decided I’ll probably route it up front so it has a better ground plane off the hood (and my antenna is an NMO or SO-239, both are larger than the holes in that mount).

Do you have an SWR or do you want to borrow one?

I have the same mount and haven’t routed my HAM yet. The antenna is sitting there but decided I’ll probably route it up front so it has a better ground plane off the hood (and my antenna is an NMO or SO-239, both are larger than the holes in that mount).

I've got one coming, hoping today. My previous one was stolen a few years back.

I didn't get everything done that I wanted to, but the seat heaters are rewired to the new distribution block and appear to be working again. I want to run the power from the rearview to it still. 2 ga. wire is powering the block since it is capable of 100 amps for anything in the future

20200301_171515.jpg
20200301_171523.jpg

I didn't get everything done that I wanted to, but the seat heaters are rewired to the new distribution block and appear to be working again. I want to run the power from the rearview to it still. 2 ga. wire is powering the block since it is capable of 100 amps for anything in the future

View attachment 143404View attachment 143405
Would you recommend those heaters? How hot do they get?

I would. They dont get super hot like my wife's KL but they're nice and toasty. In my opinion they do take a bit until they reach full heat (10 min maybe) but still comfortable
Which heaters did you get? The ones in my LJ tend to get hot enough that I turn it to low. I think they get hotter and do it faster than my F150.

Which heaters did you get? The ones in my LJ tend to get hot enough that I turn it to low. I think they get hotter and do it faster than my F150.
Tech Era Carbon Fiber from eBay. When I put new seats in I replaced the pads with some cheap replacements at $15 each and tied them into the existing wiring

Mine has Carbon something or other. Chances are good these all came from the same assembly line. They work well and I have been enjoying mine the last couple months.

Mine has Carbon something or other. Chances are good these all came from the same assembly line. They work well and I have been enjoying mine the last couple months.
Mine come up as water carbon if I were to reorder on Amazon. My gf considers them the best mod.

Reactions: TJ Starting
My CB was having a hard time receiving and sending. I pulled out my SWR meter again and the SWR was sky high. Long story short, the needle jumps like crazy with a little bit of movement of the box. I think its a faulty meter. I borrowed an SWR meter from a neighbor (also a TJ owner) and tried that. With the 2' firestick, proper grounds and proper isolation on the mount, my SWR wouldnt tune below 2.5. I put on my old 3' firestik and was able to get 1.6 on channel 1, 1.1 on channel 20, and 1.6 on channel 40. I would like it a bit lower (both SWR and the antenna), but for now I should be fine.

20200314_165200[1].jpg

I placed an order for the Savvy 1.25" body lift (backordered). The saggy JKS pucks are no surprise. In addition to that, I also bought a new center piece for the passenger side torque box. Unfortunately, I noticed a small rust spot on it back in 2018 and put it off. Its now much worse. It is the only rust I have on my rig though!