Savvy skid installed

20200329_140618.jpg

Also set the front bumps, fixed a loose steering dampner bracket, pinion adjustment, and attempted to do a shock relocation but I obviously cant read a tape measure. The way the Artec brackets are designed, the lower shock mount is an inch lower than stock. I have an internal air leak for the ARB which I'll tear into later this week

Savvy skid installed

View attachment 149202

Also set the front bumps, fixed a loose steering dampner bracket, pinion adjustment, and attempted to do a shock relocation but I obviously cant read a tape measure. The way the Artec brackets are designed, the lower shock mount is an inch lower than stock. I have an internal air leak for the ARB which I'll tear into later this week

Did yours require any exhaust work? Looks awesome, I bet it will be nice comfort playing in rocks!

Not crazy at the protrusion from the grill, but it is out of the way and rock solid.

View attachment 150270
Got the stuff to add an additional line on mine. Was planning on a vertical outlet on my winch plate pretty much in the open are below yours. Also interested in the cap, I bought the rubber covers to use.

Reactions: tworley
That looks really good. When my rubber cap starts to decompose I would replace it with one of those.

Thinking of doing onboard air instead of a CO2 tank. Why did you swap from the power tank?

Or I could just do this I guess...

Screen Shot 2020-04-03 at 8.28.11 PM.png

Reactions: tworley
I’ve been thinking about starting a thread on this, but I’ll just ask here:

What are the names of the parts to run an air line? Other than bulkhead I don’t know how to search for all this when I do mine...

The only downside is you lose your AC, unless you can put a second compressor under the hood. I didn't have ac to begin with so this was a lot easier for me

Reactions: Wildman
The only downside is you lose your AC, unless you can put a second compressor under the hood. I didn't have ac to begin with so this was a lot easier for me
the ability to change it over is the only reason it's not been ripped out already, POS and it's plumbing have been in the way of just every mod up front, from the fenders to the suspension towers and even the upper axle joint.

Thinking of doing onboard air instead of a CO2 tank. Why did you swap from the power tank?

Missed your question, sorry.

The co2 tank was taking up space. My mounting spot for the tank also wouldn't allow me to use the tonneau cover. Unlimited air is also a plus.

I reread your thread this weekend, out of curiosity - what happened with the hard top you were restoring? Did that pick up a dedicated thread?