I reread your thread this weekend, out of curiosity - what happened with the hard top you were restoring? Did that pick up a dedicated thread?
I sold it last Feb or March. It was nice to have, Ill admit. But I owed the federal government taxes and saw it as a quick and easy way to get out of that debt. I didn't have any place to store it anyway in the summer time.

Reactions: Alex01
I sold it last Feb or March. It was nice to have, Ill admit. But I owed the federal government taxes and saw it as a quick and easy way to get out of that debt. I didn't have any place to store it anyway in the summer time.

I know the feeling, but with the state this year. I’ve not used mine in over a year, been thinking of selling it too for just a nice Bestop NX.

I know the feeling, but with the state this year. I’ve not used mine in over a year, been thinking of selling it too for just a nice Bestop NX.
I recently saw the hard top I sold on Craigslist. The same repair and everything. On the green jeep I sold it too. I'd say if you're considering selling, do it closer to winter, helps the selling price a bit. I don't miss having it, the soft top works great, though soft uppers kinda suck

Reactions: rasband

The NX is nice, but I’d switch to a super top (non slanted rear) it I could. I changed my opinion on looks after getting mine.

My hardtop hasn’t been on the Jeep in almost three years. It is apparently sitting in my dads storage unit somewhere in Pennsylvania. It is nice
in the winter, but definitely not necessary.

The NX is nice, but I’d switch to a super top (non slanted rear) it I could. I changed my opinion on looks after getting mine.

My hardtop hasn’t been on the Jeep in almost three years. It is apparently sitting in my dads storage unit somewhere in Pennsylvania. It is nice
in the winter, but definitely not necessary.

Maybe the names are overloaded a bit, I’m thinking the “super top nx”, which is what I think we both prefer - not the fastback style (https://www.bestop.com/jeep/2006/wr...op-2/sub-model/unlimited/window-color/tinted/). The “Trektop” is slanted like my current rampage that’s tearing and falling apart.

Reactions: rasband
Nothing new, just fun in seeing the benefit of raised skids

20200426_162254.jpg

I picked these up earlier this morning. Rampage soft uppers. I've been driving around with my slashed smittybilt soft upper for far too long, they're scratched, dirty, and just plain worn out. Everywhere I look soft uppers are well over $160. I got these for $50. A cheap replacement and will be nice to actually see.

20200507_081058[1].jpg

Can't remember the last time my windows were this clear. They went on relatively easy, but each corner is torn at the front, and each one is also torn at the top. They seem to seal around the door well though.

20200507_122432.jpg

looks good. can't tell anythings torn............now the need dirtied up to match.

The rig performed well yesterday. Outside of a little scraped paint, I did notice in the chutes that my ARB compressor kept cycling which was blowing oil out of the diff breather tube, the lockers seemed to stay locked. I am also finding out that hydroassist may make a nice addition, along with corner armor.

20200530_104512[1].jpg
20200530_132809[1].jpg
20200530_132816[1].jpg
20200530_104941[1].jpg
20200530_110916[1].jpg