Or I could position my fittings forward slightly.

20240228_195032.jpg

20240228_200350.jpg

Last edited:
Once the hoses are in place, the fittings are going to end up where they want to be. The length will be pulled fairly tight at full droop.

My concern is the slack at full bump and making contact with the blades. Maybe i mount the hose and see...

My concern is the slack at full bump and making contact with the blades. Maybe i mount the hose and see...

The end result with the hoses is that they are no longer than they need to be at full droop. After that, you might need to fix the shroud.

Reactions: tworley
New shroud is in. Plumbed, under its own weight and everything torqued to spec. Still need to put my belt back, fill/burp the system and reinstall the steering box skid. Also need to give it an alignment. Light at the end of tunnel!

20240303_181051.jpg

20240303_181123.jpg

Aren’t you going to need new radiator for the auto? Could do that while you’re there. What about a cooler? That steering is going to be nice.

Last edited:
Success!

20240306_190407.jpg

It's not rock crawling though.

The new/used pump is much more quiet than my last one. I also got rid of a lot of clunks and I didn't experience any wobble on this sweeping turn (which I usually did previously). Most of this is likely due to the track bar having all new hardware.

The steering feels nice and tight. I obviously need some more time behind the wheel, though the suburban city streets and parking lots felt just fine. The steering is very quick to respond now, nothing that is scary or alarming, but it just feels like a brand new set up which is great. The steering cooler was warm to the touch after 15-20 min of driving. Excited to get on the trails soon!

Last edited:
Success!

View attachment 507313

It's not rock crawling though.

The new/used pump is much more quiet than my last one. I also got rid of a lot of clunks and I didn't experience any wobble on this sweeping turn (which I usually did previously). Most of this is likely due to the track bar having all new hardware.

The steering feels nice and tight. I obviously need some more time behind the wheel, though the suburban city streets and parking lots felt just fine. The steering is very quick to respond now, nothing that is scary or alarming, but it just feels like a brand new set up which is great. The steering cooler was warm to the touch after 15-20 min of driving. Excited to get on the trails soon!

I was surprised that when I installed the hydro assist it made driving on the road a ton better. Before when I hit a pothole, CA roads, it would pull in one direction. After adding the hydro assist I haven't had that issue. Basically, the most powerful steering stabilizer one could have.