What did you do to your other vehicle today?

Got a better look at the craptastic wiring job on this $350 trailer:

View attachment 413613

View attachment 413614

View attachment 413615

As "Jake Sully" said when told the Dragon would try to kill him: "Outstanding!"

So this is turning out about the same as my M8000 winch did: Good enough deal, but I have to redo EVERYTHING the PO did thinking it was an "improvement". The wirenuts are a nice touch: Correctly placed to hold water!

Did you watch Avatar in 3D?

Did you watch Avatar in 3D?

Yea. Didn't do much for me - I have "monocular vision" and thus lack normal depth perception, or so I'm told. I see 95% of the world through my right eye, unless I close it then the left will take over. Otherwise, the left really only does peripheral vision duties.

• Sad
Reactions: Apparition
Yea. Didn't do much for me - I have "monocular vision" and thus lack normal depth perception, or so I'm told. I see 95% of the world through my right eye, unless I close it then the left will take over. Otherwise, the left really only does peripheral vision duties.

It’s a movie I only like in 3D. Figured I’d ask due to your affliction to screens.

It’s a movie I only like in 3D. Figured I’d ask due to your affliction to screens.

I don't have a problem with screens when they're in the right place. In my car or in my pocket aren't among them. I have 3 of them on my main computer that I'm typing this on - wouldn't have any less! Which is but one reason I find smartphones to be worse than useless.

Ordered front wheel bearings for the F150. The driver side is rumbling pretty good at 106k miles. Figured I might as well replace both.

Reactions: RINC
Well, turns out my bearings are fine. My brakes however, are not 😬 these were supposed to have been replaced when I took delivery in 2021. Maybe they did with a horrible brand, maybe they didn't and these are original. Either way, they're now in the garbage.
20230409_152559.jpg

20230409_152548.jpg

20230409_152539.jpg

20230409_152048.jpg

Ended with NAPA pads and rotors and just got done bedding in everything. They're grabbing good and my grinding noise is now gone. Also changed out the brake fluid while I was at it
20230408_123956.jpg

00.jpg

More craptacular finds on the $350 trailer: Hard to see, but the front sidelites were cut out of circuit, and the tube is a conduit where the wiring is supposed to run. Its so much better tye-wrapped to the mesh instead! :poop:

Oh, and OF COURSE - I found another, exact same model trailer, for $50 less in better condition 2 days after I bought this one! :ROFLMAO:

Interesting, I thought all Walmart's carried it.

Never seen it at my Walmart either. Maybe it's a regional thing?

To be honest, that was the first Walmart I've stepped into in years.
Was it the Walmart kinda by Olde Town? They built that thing right before I moved out of Arvada and I stopped in there not too long ago and it has gotten ghetto.

Was it the Walmart kinda by Olde Town? They built that thing right before I moved out of Arvada and I stopped in there not too long ago and it has gotten ghetto.

This was the one in Broomfield. The closer you get to I70, the sketchier things become

Oh, and OF COURSE - I found another, exact same model trailer, for $50 less in better condition 2 days after I bought this one! :ROFLMAO:

I have a standard rule about purchases: Once you buy something, stop looking! As sure as shit stinks, you will find another one that was a better deal than what you bought. It's like some kind of sick and twisted law of nature, or something. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Modoc Guy and Zorba
Flushed and changed out the transmission fluid in my 2002 Powerstroke with Mobil 1 full synthetic and changed the oil with John Deere 15/40 heavy duty diesel oil, now that one of her duties is dragging the TJ around (she doesn't really know it's there).

PSD in the shade.jpg

superduty.jpeg

019.JPG