What do I need for my first time off roading?

I need to be as organized as this. I probably have everything in that list in my storage areas in my Jeep but I certainly don't have a check list. I'm lucky I don't have to unload between trips, I just leave everything as is and if I used something, I replace it before putting the cover back over the Jeep.

What I didn't see in that list but I carry are spare tire stem valves and the stem insertion/removal tool, and spare rubber tire stems. You never know when something is going to tear a tire stem off. I also carry a 12" square of gasket material I can cut gaskets out of like for the thermostat housing. My thermostat stuck shut way up in the mountains so I had to remove it. The old gasket was shredded so I ended up cutting a new gasket out of a military MRE's cardboard box. Don't laugh, it was leak free for 6 weeks before I was able to get around to replacing it and the thermostat. :)

https://www.colbyvalve.com/

You might know about these, I have no experience with them. They look promising for a rapid replacement.

Those are fantastic jacks, and what I carry with me on the trails.

I picked up two of them a few weeks ago. I was pretty shocked at how compact they are. I was thinking that I’ll have to build some wooden supports to raise the base in order to lift my Jeep by the frame when it’s in the garage.

Reactions: derekmac
My first time off-roading I bought I come along and a tow strap from Home Depot. I got stuck in mud my second time ever off-roading so thank God I had it with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk