What was your first Jeep?

This was actually my third. Couldn’t find photos of the first two. Had a white stock ‘88 4.2 5speed rotten bad. Parts swapped to get an ‘89 black rusted tub solid frame on the road and ran it for a year or two while i bought and rebuilt this ‘88 SBC w/NV4500 5 speed, about 4” lift 33” BFG (that was huge in the 90’s) This was an old beauty that i got from a friend that had neglected it. I loved it for years. Sold it to finance family when it was needed. If life has regrets selling this V8 YJ is my one regret. 🤷🏼‍♂️ But hence now I’m a TJ addict.

2013-03-04_16-59-15_343_Original.jpeg

The first one I owned was a 47 CJ2A. Bought it in 1986.

Wish I had a picture, but back in the day I was never one to take pictures of my vehicles.

Anybody that wants to feel old, just think about how that Jeep that was made just after WW2 was just about the same age when @John Cooper bought it as a first year YJ is today.

Anybody that wants to feel old, just think about how that Jeep that was made just after WW2 was just about the same age when @John Cooper bought it as a first year YJ is today.

Gee thanks, now I'm feeling old... and I'll only be 61 next month!!!

I miss that little Jeep!!! Top speed was maybe 45mph, but you lock all both axles in 4low and you could walk circles around it !!!!!!

Gee thanks, now I'm feeling old... and I'll only be 61 next month!!!

I miss that little Jeep!!! Top speed was maybe 45mph, but you lock all both axles in 4low and you could walk circles around it !!!!!!

Haha, wasn't targeting you specifically. It's just weird to think that to my dad, WW2 was only as distant as the release of Star Wars is to me, and the 2008 financial crisis will be to my kids...

I'm only 40 and it makes ME feel old.

Is that a factory color? I would rock that on a TJ!

It was actually a flame red factory but a previous owner painted it with metal flake purple and put the tiger decal on and tigers embroidered on the leather seats so I just went with it and painted all the orange accents lol

Reactions: cliffish
  • USA Proud
Reactions: RINC and DaveC
My first Jeep was also my first new vehicle, a 1990 4-banger YJ. The only options that thing had were carpeting and a back seat. Black with a gray soft top and half-doors. Bog-slow, brutally hot in the summer. I loved that thing. Traded it in in '92 for a 6-cylinder, also no real options. Wife got pregnant in '94 and made me trade it on a Saturn station wagon. Man, Ioved my YJs.

Got a 2016 JKU 75th Anniversary and hated it. Didn't even keep it a year.

The TJ is the sweet spot for me; it's got the smaller size so it's much easier to get around in, but it's got coils rather than leaves, so it's less like a farm implement. And the 4.0 is just a gem of a motor.

• USA Proud
Reactions: DavidBT and RINC
How it sits as of now
05' Jeep Lj sport 221k miles

Yeah yeah its missing a good portion of things wiring,hood,misc. Ect. but I've been too busy enjoying daily driving it since I did some motor work and many other things 😁

Got it a tad over and year ago at 18 on October 28th of 2022 with 193,938 miles and I've been enjoying her ever since and since then I've done a handful of mods or alot of mods to some but yeah here she is!

Might name her Snowball thanks to @sunnysideup_lj since I like to pick at this jeep alot, i.e my engine bay i was only supposed to replace a harmonic balancer and lead to a head/cam swap and literally like 50 other things lol 😆 cause it's a snowball from there if I start on one thing lol
20240106_092936.jpg

20231230_133100.jpg

heres a pic the day after i got her and as well this is my American Bully her name is Bella(she's is just like a puppy, a very understanding puppy too😁) she's 3 yrs old, caught her blinking on this pic😆

This was either exactly a week or a month after I bought it 😆 wanted to rock craw but it got messy with the mud....and longstory short I cleaned her up deep cleaned the frame a day later and installed kc headlights and some black headlights light trim/bezel 😁

View attachment 489749

20221029_133125.jpg

1704766273344.png

20221105_120607.jpg

20221105_155644.jpg

20221106_124306.jpg

Last edited:
How it sits as of now
05' Jeep Lj sport 221k miles

Yeah yeah its missing a good portion of things wiring,hood,misc. Ect. but I've been too busy enjoying daily driving it since I did some motor work and many other things 😁

Got it a tad over and year ago at 18 on October 28th of 2022 with 193,938 miles and I've been enjoying her ever since and since then I've done a handful of mods or alot of mods to some but yeah here she is!

Might name her Snowball thanks to @sunnysideup_lj since I like to pick at this jeep alot, i.e my engine bay i was only supposed to replace a harmonic balancer and lead to a head/cam swap and literally like 50 other things lol 😆 cause it's a snowball from there if I start on one thing lol
View attachment 489540

View attachment 489736

heres a pic the day after i got her and as well this is my American Bully her name is Bella(she's is just like a puppy, a very understanding puppy too😁) she's 3 yrs old, caught her blinking on this pic😆

This was either exactly a week or a month after I bought it 😆 wanted to rock craw but it got messy with the mud....and longstory short I cleaned her up deep cleaned the frame a day later and installed kc headlights and some black headlights light trim/bezel 😁

View attachment 489749

View attachment 489754

View attachment 489752

View attachment 489742

View attachment 489748

View attachment 489743

Bella is a cutie. How does she get along with the other pet - your little pink piggie on the front step?

🙂

Reactions: bbaldwin237
Bella is a cutie. How does she get along with the other pet - your little pink piggie on the front step?

🙂

Know her she'd be looking at it to say hi cause has and got all happy but she realized it was fake
It's also my neighbors...🙂

My first was a 93 Sahara, was stock when I bought it in 08 with 115K on it. Ended up doing 2.5" suspension, 8.8 Swap & SYE to it. By far was the jeep I had the most fun in. I beat the living piss out of that thing on my buddies farm almost every weekend. Bought it for $2K and when I traded it on my 04 Rubi in 2013, got $2500 for it. Next was the 04 the Rubi from 2013-16 and then my LJR since 2016. Don't plan to every get rid of the LJR.

93 YJ.jpg

04 Rubi 3.jpg

Leaving Maine.jpg