Where to get a new or rebuilt PCM?

My PCM is out for delivery... just waiting for the mailman. Now I wonder if after testing it on the Jeep if I should go to the Jeep Dealer and get a software up date on it since it is a 2006 4.0 42RLE?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chris
My PCM is out for delivery... just waiting for the mailman. Now I wonder if after testing it on the Jeep if I should go to the Jeep Dealer and get a software up date on it since it is a 2006 4.0 42RLE?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That’s assuming they can even still do a software update on it.

Good point. Updating firmware on a desktop or laptop after hardware modification would not feel safe. I had not thought of that. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chris
Has anyone ever tried using a rebuilt one from autozone. I know it is wrong to even talk about them. But it seems like they do sell remanufactured pcm/ecm for jeep wranglers. Cost is around 300 bucks with a core charge.
To be honest im not sure why i even noticed that they sold them. Im not even sure who the get them from.

Has anyone ever tried using a rebuilt one from autozone. I know it is wrong to even talk about them. But it seems like they do sell remanufactured pcm/ecm for jeep wranglers. Cost is around 300 bucks with a core charge.
To be honest im not sure why i even noticed that they sold them. Im not even sure who the get them from.

Seriously? They sell remanufactured PCMs for $300? What’s the core charge. Did you find this on their website. If so, I’m beyond shocked.

Unbelievable... normally I would avoid Autozone like the plague, but in this case, that would do the trick!
Im not sold on it. Its still autozone.
But it might be worth risk if you needed something quick. I was just wondering if anyone had used one from there

Im not sold on it. Its still autozone.
But it might be worth risk if you needed something quick. I was just wondering if anyone had used one from there

When there are no other options left, it may be the only choice left!

Reactions: Boinked