Where to get a new or rebuilt PCM?

The company seems reputable, based upon the promise and delivery of service. Lifetime guarantee is not included, however they seem fast and good. How long a company stays in business today is hard to say.

That is the best response I can give. Also the 1399 ones were supposed to be available in 2019

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, After installation of the rebuilt PCM, the engine fired right up and seemed very promising. Drove it on the road and transmission was shifting smooth. I let the engine run in my driveway and after 40 min the engine kills. Well after suggestions of checking all harnesses moving them around to hear for any changes in idle checking connections and getting a knuckle nicked by the fan blade (ouch). All wires and harnesses seem to be working fine. Then i switched the ASD relay with the horn relay just on a whim. The engine didnt die after 2.5 hours of running. I actually turn it off and started it back with no problems then I called it a night. So it seems that my problem was two fold. One the rough shifting caused by the PCM and the ASD relay which shut the engine down. Still feeling optimistic and will be driving it around to build my confidence. I will be posting who built my PCM when I can be sure it is stable. So thanks for all the suggestions.

Ok, After installation of the rebuilt PCM, the engine fired right up and seemed very promising. Drove it on the road and transmission was shifting smooth. I let the engine run in my driveway and after 40 min the engine kills. Well after suggestions of checking all harnesses moving them around to hear for any changes in idle checking connections and getting a knuckle nicked by the fan blade (ouch). All wires and harnesses seem to be working fine. Then i switched the ASD relay with the horn relay just on a whim. The engine didnt die after 2.5 hours of running. I actually turn it off and started it back with no problems then I called it a night. So it seems that my problem was two fold. One the rough shifting caused by the PCM and the ASD relay which shut the engine down. Still feeling optimistic and will be driving it around to build my confidence. I will be posting who built my PCM when I can be sure it is stable. So thanks for all the suggestions.

Thanks for the update. If it ends up working out, definitely let us know who you got the PCM from.

Great thread here. I am on the list with the dealer for a PCM (not holding my breath). Has anyone else had good success with G7 computers? I have had the hard shifting from 1st to 2nd and a couple oxygen sensor error codes. All signs point to the PCM. Nervous about pulling and sending out since its a manageable problem right now.

rasband- I am waiting to get more miles under this new PCM. I want to be sure it is stable before i do release the company, but I certainly will let everyone know. My only concern that all the Jeep owners like myself so desperate to get their fix will try anything to do so. I dont want to give out the name and my PCM malfunctions.

Reactions: rasband
rasband- I am waiting to get more miles under this new PCM. I want to be sure it is stable before i do release the company, but I certainly will let everyone know. My only concern that all the Jeep owners like myself so desperate to get their fix will try anything to do so. I dont want to give out the name and my PCM malfunctions.

Definitely fair, sorry for hounding you for it! That’ll be exciting for those of us new to the TJ family keeping a list of things we may need to do (but hopefully don’t). And of course those with current troubles.

New PCM in and over 250 miles logged. I cant tell how relieved I am getting this fixed. I also want to say that the ASD relay was faulty as well. But the transmission is shifting smoothly, no codes and no kills. This is the company that built me a new PCM. It is a used case but according to the maker its new inside. I put a scanner on my jeep with this PCM and it had no stored codes. I have heard from other people that have purchased PCM's from other companies that codes seem to pop up. Well I think I have gotten a PCM that is not someone else's headache. Customer service was exceptional and turn around time was a week. So I highly recommend this company if anyone is having PCM problems. The will do free diagnostics if you pay shipping. This is my experience with this company. Speak with Kasey hes a good guy and very helpful. Good Luck
PCM.jpg

Reactions: Taylo1 and rasband
I wouldn't be worried. I've owned two 2005s and haven't had the issue.

It's more of just a random failure issue, but it's not as common as you'd be led to believe. Remember... all you read on the internet is negative thing. For every 1 person who has had a PCM issue, there's probably 1000 who haven't. You just don't hear from those who haven't.

OK, so this is not a very high failure issue? I was going to clean mine up really good a put it on craigslist and autotrader and Ebay and newspaper to sell it as fast as I could.

OK, so this is not a very high failure issue? I was going to clean mine up really good a put it on craigslist and autotrader and Ebay and newspaper to sell it as fast as I could.

I wouldn't say it's high failure. I would simply say that because this is the internet, you only hear about the bad stories, and not the amount of people who don't have this issue.

Reactions: Taylo1 and rasband
I agree, if it were not for the problem I had I would not have ever posted anything. But these forums offer help and ideas.

Yep, I don't blame you either. It's good to post about issues, because often times someone else has the answer, they may just not have found a reason to share it yet.

Sent PCM to G7 computers earlier this week. Have had the hard shifting issues as well as o2 sensor codes. Received email today that they repaired computer (hardware failure on board). Asked for clarification if possible and am anxiously awaiting it to arrive. Fingers crossed it solves the PCM issue. Thank you Bill Clark for posting the company name and info

Last edited:
Quick update, asked for clarification on repair completed and was told that it was a faulty resistor related to memory. Received pcm back this afternoon and reinstalled. Jeep was slow to start and was sputtering when it did finally start. Would run for a couple minutes, then stall out. I have new error codes that didn’t appear before, u0101 and p1603. When I sent off had a sensor error only.., calling g7 in the morning, but doesn’t appear to be good news. Sucks!

Quick update, asked for clarification on repair completed and was told that it was a faulty resistor related to memory. Received pcm back this afternoon and reinstalled. Jeep was slow to start and was sputtering when it did finally start. Would run for a couple minutes, then stall out. I have new error codes that didn’t appear before, u0101 and p1603. When I sent off had a sensor error only.., calling g7 in the morning, but doesn’t appear to be good news. Sucks
Sorry to hear that hopefully they can straighten it out for you

My 2006 AT 4.0 Rubicon has had the hard shift when the transmission is cold going from 1st to 2nd for the last 2 months. It had a new/referb? PCM when I got it and wasn’t something on my radar when I made the purchase, I thought you could just go to the dealer and get one so I was just happy to know it was new. Anyway, the shifts aren’t a big deal it only shifts hard a couple times until it warms up and is not throwing any codes. Disconnecting the battery fixes things for a hundred miles or so then hard shifts return. It also feels at times like it skips first gear and is sluggish off the line. I go off alone a lot so dependability is pretty high on my list of concerns and while this isn’t usually a problem to get you stranded I have a hard time ignoring things like this as breakdown are always on the back of my mind.
So I’ve been wanting to get my PCM repaired but since it still works great for the most part I have been reluctant to just pull it out and ship it off to the PCM lottery, so I sucked up and dropped $1000. on a rebuilt PCM from a company called “flagship one” they have a lot of eBay reviews and only a couple of negative comments and those weren’t from the high dollar tj pcm. They don’t require any core return and promise a lifetime warranty, I’m planning on keeping my old PCM as a spair since it seems fine for the most part. Should have the new part within the week and I’ll let you know how things go for me.

My 2006 AT 4.0 Rubicon has had the hard shift when the transmission is cold going from 1st to 2nd for the last 2 months. It had a new/referb? PCM when I got it and wasn’t something on my radar when I made the purchase, I thought you could just go to the dealer and get one so I was just happy to know it was new. Anyway, the shifts aren’t a big deal it only shifts hard a couple times until it warms up and is not throwing any codes. Disconnecting the battery fixes things for a hundred miles or so then hard shifts return. It also feels at times like it skips first gear and is sluggish off the line. I go off alone a lot so dependability is pretty high on my list of concerns and while this isn’t usually a problem to get you stranded I have a hard time ignoring things like this as breakdown are always on the back of my mind.
So I’ve been wanting to get my PCM repaired but since it still works great for the most part I have been reluctant to just pull it out and ship it off to the PCM lottery, so I sucked up and dropped $1000. on a rebuilt PCM from a company called “flagship one” they have a lot of eBay reviews and only a couple of negative comments and those weren’t from the high dollar tj pcm. They don’t require any core return and promise a lifetime warranty, I’m planning on keeping my old PCM as a spair since it seems fine for the most part. Should have the new part within the week and I’ll let you know how things go for me.

Interested to hear how the part from fs1 works out. Had the same issues with hard shifting then the error codes started as well. Have looked at fs1 and also spoke to Kasey at moudulegods,

Spoke with g7 and they requested I ship the pcm back to them to take another look. Explained that the Jeep is worse now after the repair than it was before I sent. Shipped yesterday and hoping they can resolve next week.