Where to get a new or rebuilt PCM?

Just got a tracking number from fs1, so they have shipped within the next day of my order. I feel fairly safe choosing to use eBay vs ordering over the phone unless I’m fooling myself they offered a 100% satisfaction guarantee on this transaction. That and the overwhelming difference in the reviews between those posted on google vs eBay gives me hope the added protection eBay offers will encourage fs1 to do their best work. My past experiences with eBay is they have been supportive and I’ll be documenting the condition of everything as it arrives.

Just got a tracking number from fs1, so they have shipped within the next day of my order. I feel fairly safe choosing to use eBay vs ordering over the phone unless I’m fooling myself they offered a 100% satisfaction guarantee on this transaction. That and the overwhelming difference in the reviews between those posted on google vs eBay gives me hope the added protection eBay offers will encourage fs1 to do their best work. My past experiences with eBay is they have been supportive and I’ll be documenting the condition of everything as it arrives.
What was the pcm part # you gave them. Was it P56044703AD?

I was wondering today if the tj pcm’s we need might be available from any dealerships in China. I’ve been trying to search google to see when they were first introduced there and it looks like they had some sales in 2005-2006 I just can’t tell how many. If dealerships were selling them is there some chance they could have some parts (pcm) collecting dust on a stockroom shelf someplace in the country? My wife is from Shanghai and we have a lot of family and friends there, I asked her to have someone check. She called her cousin, her cousin owns a car business of some type in China and has connections to the dealerships and he will check all the dealerships for us and see if they have any in the country. His concern the Wrangler is very popular but Chinese only want new wranglers to show off, this is actually good I hope because it could mean our parts are not in high demand (if they have any). I asked for information on price and availability, I should find out in a few days I hope.

Quick update on my progress with fs1, as I’d mentioned a tracking number was generated the next day on Nov 2, checking the usps site on Tuesday Nov 6 the tracking site for usps shows they have not received the item yet only that the number has been created, so I call FS1. Only takes me two calls to get a live person on the phone, I’m in the very polite mode and they are helpful I’m put on hold while they check, another person lady this time says she will check with the shipping dept, after a little time she is back on the phone and asks if I’m still holding, says “oh my,” not what you want to hear puts me back on hold for another minute, back on the phone and she sweetly tells me usps should have picked it up on Friday, but picked it up on Monday (yesterday) instead and she tells me the tracking info should be updated in 24hrs, I’m still working in nice mode and thank her. Good news, they picked up the phone... promised it was in the mail on Monday, bad news, still waiting for my pcm.

Quick update on my progress with fs1, as I’d mentioned a tracking number was generated the next day on Nov 2, checking the usps site on Tuesday Nov 6 the tracking site for usps shows they have not received the item yet only that the number has been created, so I call FS1. Only takes me two calls to get a live person on the phone, I’m in the very polite mode and they are helpful I’m put on hold while they check, another person lady this time says she will check with the shipping dept, after a little time she is back on the phone and asks if I’m still holding, says “oh my,” not what you want to hear puts me back on hold for another minute, back on the phone and she sweetly tells me usps should have picked it up on Friday, but picked it up on Monday (yesterday) instead and she tells me the tracking info should be updated in 24hrs, I’m still working in nice mode and thank her. Good news, they picked up the phone... promised it was in the mail on Monday, bad news, still waiting for my pcm.
Did the shipping update for you overnight and its actually in the mail?

Did the shipping update for you overnight and its actually in the mail?

Well, I checked the usps site around 5AM this morning and no change yet in the status. Saw your post and checked it again expecting major disappointment and low and behold usps says it not only has shipped, but arrived at my local facility ready for delivery today. So far good news, now what will I get?

Reactions: Chris
Well, I checked the usps site around 5AM this morning and no change yet in the status. Saw your post and checked it again expecting major disappointment and low and behold usps says it not only has shipped, but arrived at my local facility ready for delivery today. So far good news, now what will I get?

I guess you'll find out today... keep us posted!

Reactions: 1515art
Poured myself a cup of coffee (hit the Keurig button) and put my feet up on the sofa to the delightful sound of mailman footsteps rustling on the front step. I rushed to my door with the excited anticipation of a child on Christmas looking for his new toy and am so far pleased to report favorable progress. The package has come in good condition, removing the shipping package revealed 3 additional shipping bubble wrap packages and 1 clear protective package. The PCM I was shipped looks clean and the case appears to have been dipped in a cleaning solution. I’m giving this update because last time I checked the connectors on my old PCM they seemed stuck so it may take some time and I don’t plan on rushing anytinng, but wanted to update that things seem hopeful however obviously I still need to see if the unit works and holds up over time.

F432F61E-A15A-4E20-8671-0B8425A2BEED.jpeg

FFF51784-5553-4A9D-91E3-9D8F132281CD.jpeg

629208AA-74D0-43C9-90D1-02A821BE2758.jpeg

E3C5B02E-4A5B-43A9-B70F-B1133CCA61F0.jpeg

8AF954D4-29C4-43D6-A30D-1D218D534A8D.jpeg

8C9506D2-F3AF-4BDA-85C9-F445E18F5BF0.jpeg

Reactions: psrivats and Chris
5C38397C-712A-486C-BDDD-75D8F0682049.jpeg
E99CDD53-738F-4AAE-A764-828A6DC328B4.jpeg
3F50482F-20DC-4E45-9EAA-043F4B4DBF70.jpeg
Problem and I need some help from someone that might recognize if they sent a unit made for something else as the new PCM is different than my old one. The New PCM is smaller and has no heat sink on the back as the old PCM. Could be the old one is incorrect what does the PCM in your jeep look like?

View attachment 62104 View attachment 62105 View attachment 62106 Problem and I need some help from someone that might recognize if they sent a unit made for something else as the new PCM is different than my old one. The New PCM is smaller and has no heat sink on the back as the old PCM. Could be the old one is incorrect what does the PCM in your jeep look like?

If my TJ wasn’t at the shop I would check for you. Pretty sure it should have a heatsink on it though.

If you don’t get much of a response in this thread, try posting a new one, as it will get more attention.

Thanks Chris, I’m feeling they sent me the wrong part and I wonder if they could have then even programmed it with my correct vin? Hard to believe it was an accident since they have attached the correct part number to the case.

Thanks Chris, I’m feeling they sent me the wrong part and I wonder if they could have then even programmed it with my correct vin? Hard to believe it was an accident since they have attached the correct part number to the case.

They should be able to program it your VIN (and I would have assume they already did so) if they have the tools to do it.

I guess you can easily find out by plugging it in and seeing if it runs!

They should be able to program it your VIN (and I would have assume they already did so) if they have the tools to do it.

I guess you can easily find out by plugging it in and seeing if it runs!

It’s in and an easy fit, fired right up and seem to be running perfect gages all work transmission shifting perfect, have not engaged the 4WD or lockers I expect they are OK. my jeep also has more power now, It was running very sluggish and felt as though was in a limp mode most of the time, now I’d almost call it peppy. fuel economy was between 10.5 to 12.5 on average with the old PCM I’ll be looking to see any improvement on the next tank, I’m going to get some miles on it this week and promise to update ASAP.

Awesome, I’m happy to hear it worked out. Report back after a few hundred miles and let us know if it’s held up.

It’s in and an easy fit, fired right up and seem to be running perfect gages all work transmission shifting perfect, have not engaged the 4WD or lockers I expect they are OK. my jeep also has more power now, It was running very sluggish and felt as though was in a limp mode most of the time, now I’d almost call it peppy. fuel economy was between 10.5 to 12.5 on average with the old PCM I’ll be looking to see any improvement on the next tank, I’m going to get some miles on it this week and promise to update ASAP.

You'll be in learning mode for a bit. I've found the "best" way to train a PCM is to let the rig sit and idle for about 15 minutes (it'll stink for a bit as it calibrates it's mixtures) and then take it for a 15 mile drive down an open road (stop and go it doesn't learn as fast or cleanly in stop ad go traffic). Good luck and thanx for the info!

Reactions: 1515art and Chris
You'll be in learning mode for a bit. I've found the "best" way to train a PCM is to let the rig sit and idle for about 15 minutes (it'll stink for a bit as it calibrates it's mixtures) and then take it for a 15 mile drive down an open road (stop and go it doesn't learn as fast or cleanly in stop ad go traffic). Good luck and thanx for the info!
It been running in the driveway now for the last 15 min, after I finish this last cup of coffee me and the tj are headed up Big Bason Way a long winding road in the Santa Cruz mountains no stop signs. Thanks for the tip